Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- LiveDeal, the Latest to Blend Local Search and Video
Local search and classifieds site LiveDeal announced today that it will integrate video content in its listings.
- Nielsen: Search Ads Score Low on Trust
A recent study from the Nielsen Company found that word of mouth was the most trusted form of advertising worldwide, while search ads are more trusted than only banner ads and text ads on cell phones.
- Are Your Media Efforts Making a Mess of Your PPC Campaigns?
A consistent focus on coordinating your paid search with other media efforts can yield great dividends for a savvy marketer. How difficult that will be depends on the complexity of your non-search media plan.
- Google's Ajax Search API
The Ajax APIs are one of those services from Google that does not get the attention it deserves.
- SEW Experts: The Year Search Makes Contact With Everything
2007 will go down as the year we were bombarded with everything we want and a whole bunch of things nobody wants.
- SEW Experts: The Tarot of Search Engines: Demographic Data Divining
What if you could gauge a company's marketing strategies by delving into Internet statistics?
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- Facebook My Ride, ClickZ
- Socially Optimal, ClickZ
- Bringing Search Marketing In House, HP Web Usability, Experience and SEO Blog
- Are Newspapers Squandering Yahoo Ad Opportunities?, Marketing Pilgrim
- The Carnival Of Small Business Issues, Pat Doyle
- Never, Ever Pay for Traffic, Market Motive
- SEMPO has Ethics Requirement?, McAnerin Muse
- When Google acquisitions go wrong: the disappointing story of Urchin, Ars Technica
- Training: Heart & Soul Of In-House SEO/SEM, Search Engine Land
- Why we all overestimate Techmeme's influence, Guardian Unlimited
- MySpace Platform To Launch Next Week, TechCrunch
- Google on Using a Knowledge Base of Articles to Make Searches Smarter, SEO by the Sea
- Mastering Both Kinds Of Link Building - Authority & Reputation, SEO Fast Start
- Hide Your Keywords From Prying Eyes, Look What G-Man Found
- New Survey Proves You Must Manage Your Own Online Reputation, Bill Hartzer
- Yet Another NY Court Says Keyword Ads & Metatags Aren't TM Use in Commerce--S&L Vitamins v. Australian Gold, Eric Goldman
- Here's How to Stop Worrying About Google Once and for All, Copyblogger
- Equip Your Firefox for an SEO Adventure, Distilled
- The Local Business Information “Cloud”, Local SEO Guide
- Yahoo! Adds Map To Local Onebox. And Changes Local Algo?, Convert Offline
Last Week to Save on SES London Tickets!
Learn to engage customers and increase ROI by distributing your online marketing efforts across paid, owned & earned media. Join the leaders of today's digital marketing & advertising industry at SES London. Find out more ››
*Saver Rates expire this Friday, Dec 13.