Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- Will Accessibility Become Mandatory?
While more search marketers are becoming aware of usability and accessibility concerns, the numbers are still very small. A class-action lawsuit filed in California has the potential to change that, and require Web sites to comply with accessibility laws.
- Building A Search Team
Picking members of your search marketing team is like picking the right keywords. There are pitfalls and setbacks, but with the right knowledge and a good methodology you can be successful.
- Expect More Finger Pointing on Copyright Protection for Video
Last week, Peter Chernin, president and COO of News Corp, said that Google "could do a better job" at preventing illegally copied video from appearing on its YouTube site.
- Blinkx Showing Google How To Monetize YouTube
Blinkx launched a method for providing contextual ads that go along with the video content embedded on a site.
- Google Buys Social Messaging Vendor Jaiku, Where Is This Leading?
Google has purchased a social instant messaging company, Jaiku, though how it is planning on using it is being kept secretive.
- SEW Experts: Solving the Link Building Puzzle: Do or Die.
Link building is a puzzle all search marketers are trying to solve.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- Below the Fold, Size Doesn't Matter, GrokDotCom
- Do Negative Comments Hurt Social Media?, Techipedia
- Meet the Google Broadcasting Company: AdSense video units are game-changing, Ars Technica
- #1 Search Engine Ranking Factor: SEO QA, Local SEO Guide
- Advanced SEO: The 4-step campaign process, SEO Theory
- The Structured Web - A Primer, Read/Write Web
- Google Admits Adsense Click Fraud Rate is Above 20%, The Alchemy of Search
- 4 Strategic Lessons to Avoid an Ill-Advised SEO Campaign, Search Engine Guide
- Expanded Broad Match Corrupted Around Aug 20 — Stop Using It!, SEM Clubhouse
- How to Optimize for Ask, Search Engine Guide
- Local Search: What's on the Horizon, ClickZ
The Original Search Marketing Event is Back!
SES Denver (Oct 16) offers an intense day of learning all the critical aspects of search engine optimization (SEO) and paid search advertising (PPC). The mission of SES remains the same as it did from the start - to help you master being found on search engines. Early Bird rates available through Sept 12. Register today!