Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- Will Accessibility Become Mandatory?
While more search marketers are becoming aware of usability and accessibility concerns, the numbers are still very small. A class-action lawsuit filed in California has the potential to change that, and require Web sites to comply with accessibility laws.
- Building A Search Team
Picking members of your search marketing team is like picking the right keywords. There are pitfalls and setbacks, but with the right knowledge and a good methodology you can be successful.
- Expect More Finger Pointing on Copyright Protection for Video
Last week, Peter Chernin, president and COO of News Corp, said that Google "could do a better job" at preventing illegally copied video from appearing on its YouTube site.
- Blinkx Showing Google How To Monetize YouTube
Blinkx launched a method for providing contextual ads that go along with the video content embedded on a site.
- Google Buys Social Messaging Vendor Jaiku, Where Is This Leading?
Google has purchased a social instant messaging company, Jaiku, though how it is planning on using it is being kept secretive.
- SEW Experts: Solving the Link Building Puzzle: Do or Die.
Link building is a puzzle all search marketers are trying to solve.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- Below the Fold, Size Doesn't Matter, GrokDotCom
- Do Negative Comments Hurt Social Media?, Techipedia
- Meet the Google Broadcasting Company: AdSense video units are game-changing, Ars Technica
- #1 Search Engine Ranking Factor: SEO QA, Local SEO Guide
- Advanced SEO: The 4-step campaign process, SEO Theory
- The Structured Web - A Primer, Read/Write Web
- Google Admits Adsense Click Fraud Rate is Above 20%, The Alchemy of Search
- 4 Strategic Lessons to Avoid an Ill-Advised SEO Campaign, Search Engine Guide
- Expanded Broad Match Corrupted Around Aug 20 — Stop Using It!, SEM Clubhouse
- How to Optimize for Ask, Search Engine Guide
- Local Search: What's on the Horizon, ClickZ
Twitter Canada MD Kirstine Stewart to Keynote Toronto
ClickZ Live Toronto (May 14-16) is a new event addressing the rapidly changing landscape that digital marketers face. The agenda focuses on customer engagement and attaining maximum ROI through online marketing efforts across paid, owned & earned media. Register now and save!