Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- Google Earth Moves Out of the Silent Era
YouTube videos continue to get more and more portable as Google integrates them into other search products, and approaches a semblance of return on the $1.65 billion it paid for the video site.
- For Teens, Mobile Search Doesn't Register Yet
Mobile phones have become teens' lifelines, by helping them to stay connected, providing a source of entertainment and enabling them to multitask. One activity they aren't using their phones for much is searching.
- Local Search and Universal Search
There are still some triggering issues with Google's integration of local and universal search.
- SEW Experts: SEO and User Experience Fusion
So, you want to build a Web site. Do you start with Web 2.0 goodies, or a "visually appealing" Web site that "meets the needs of the business?"
- SEW Experts: Voice Search: Mobile Tactic Here. Now. 2DAY.
Mobile has long been called marketers' next emerging opportunity. So, from a local search standpoint, how do you prepare for the opportunity?
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- Small Businesses Need Helping Hand to Embrace Web Advertising, ClickZ
- How to Use Customer Reviews to Increase Conversion, ClickZ
- In-House vs. Outsourced SEM: The CMO's Guide, ClickZ
- Social networks are no place for control freaks, Information World Review
- Survey: ‘Local Search' Broader than ‘Google', The Kelsey Group
- Confirmed: Yahoo expanding to Microsoft's backyard, Todd Bishop's Microsoft Blog
- 9 Common Mistakes in Landing Page and PPC Campaign Design, Performancing
- 5 Basic Questions To Ask Your Local SEM, Convert Offline
- A conversation with Avinash Kaushik, Web Analytics Guru, Software Abstractions
- Social Media Marketing Campaign Process, RB Digital Rodeo
- Keyword Research + Research on Keywords = Better ROI, SEO Speedwagon
- Happy 1st Anniversary YouTube and Google; Now Move Over a Bit, TechCrunch
- Matt Cutts Clarifies Appropriate Uses of the nofollow Tag, Search Engine Roundtable
- Small Business Guide to Optimizing Universal Search, Online Marketing Blog
- Women of Internet Marketing Wednesdays Part 23, Search Marketing Gurus
- Continual Measurement with Analytics, RB Digital Rodeo
- Bringing the gurus to the people, Market Motive
- List of Tasks and How-to Instructions Suitable for New Google AdWords Users, PPC Think
- SMB Advertising: Trust is key, LocalPoint
- Local Business on Facebook, Local Biz Bits
- Questions for Greg Schwartz, VP of Sales at Zillow, ClickZ
- Survey: Search Now Top Resource For Local Information, Search Engine Land
- Google no longer claims AdWords/AdSense doesn't influence the natural results, PPC Discussions
- PPC Benchmarks by Product Category, Rimm-Kaufman Group
- Live Search Local, Maps, and Mobile, Stone Temple Consulting
- Small Business Brief Re-launches as News Voting Portal, Small Business SEM
Meet Your Favorite Search Engine Watch Contributors
Many of SEW's leading expert contributors will be at ClickZ Live, the new online and digital marketing event kicking off in New York (March 31-April 3). Hear from the likes of: Thom Craver, Josh Braaten, Lisa Barone, Simon Heseltine, Josh McCoy, Lisa Raehsler, Greg Jarboe, Dan Cristo, Joseph Kerschbaum, John Gagnon, Eric Enge and more!