Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- Microsoft Rolls Out More Live Search Updates
Microsoft today made another round of updates to Live Search, this time focusing on local and mobile search.
- Search and Politics: Made for Each Other?
Search engines are playing an increasingly important role in the education of voters in the U.S.
- Google Analytics Update
Google added new site search reporting and event tracking features to Google Analytics, and revealed the long-awaited update to the Urchin software.
- Is Yahoo Gaining Momentum?
While Google clearly retains the dominant market share among search engines, it appears that Yahoo showed some strength this summer with "impressive momentum."
- The Reservation Road Challenge
We're using the opening of an independent film as a case study for best practices in search marketing.
- SEW Experts: The Perils of Duplicate Content
Duplicate content can be a huge challenge for SEOs and their clients. But what qualifies as duplicate content?
- SEW Experts: SME Brand Strategy: SEM Tactics, Tips, and Tricks, Part 1
They say you can't build your brand online with search marketing tactics. Here are some tips and tricks to prove them wrong.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- Marketing With Podcasts, Part 1. ClickZ
- Web Marketing 101 for Small Businesses, ClickZ
- Secrets Of Google Quality Score Revealed!!! (Not.), Search Engine Land
- InfoSpace Sells Mobile Services Business, What Next?, Search Engine Land
- Google Tries to Fix Broken Links, Google Operating System
- Microsoft Gatineau at Emetrics, Web Analytics World
- Is Your Social Media Marketing Strategy Passive or Active?, Online Marketing blog
- 13 Things to Do When Your Loved One is Away at Conferences, SEOmoz
- On Researching Patents, and a New Google Patent Filing on Expanded Snippets, SEM Clubhouse
- Google, Users, Domainers and SEOs, Johnon
- Copywriting Tips: Accentuate the Negative, GrokDotCom
- Yellowpages.com Re-ups with Marchex, The Kelsey Group
- On Page Communication With Your Web Site Visitors Pays Off, Cre8pc
- Google's sneak attack? Adsense for Facebook, Venture Beat
- Three term sheets to the wind, Valleywag
- Why Accessibility? Because It's Our Job!, Sitepoint
- 7 Places Yahoo is Winning the War Against Google - Search Engine Wars, Social Media Systems
What's New for 2015?
You spoke, we listened! ClickZ Live New York (Mar 30-Apr 1) is back with a brand new streamlined agenda. Don't miss the latest digital marketing tips, tricks and tools that will make you re-think your strategy and revolutionize your marketing campaigns. Super Saver Rates are available now. Register today!