Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- Microsoft Rolls Out More Live Search Updates
Microsoft today made another round of updates to Live Search, this time focusing on local and mobile search.
- Search and Politics: Made for Each Other?
Search engines are playing an increasingly important role in the education of voters in the U.S.
- Google Analytics Update
Google added new site search reporting and event tracking features to Google Analytics, and revealed the long-awaited update to the Urchin software.
- Is Yahoo Gaining Momentum?
While Google clearly retains the dominant market share among search engines, it appears that Yahoo showed some strength this summer with "impressive momentum."
- The Reservation Road Challenge
We're using the opening of an independent film as a case study for best practices in search marketing.
- SEW Experts: The Perils of Duplicate Content
Duplicate content can be a huge challenge for SEOs and their clients. But what qualifies as duplicate content?
- SEW Experts: SME Brand Strategy: SEM Tactics, Tips, and Tricks, Part 1
They say you can't build your brand online with search marketing tactics. Here are some tips and tricks to prove them wrong.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- Marketing With Podcasts, Part 1. ClickZ
- Web Marketing 101 for Small Businesses, ClickZ
- Secrets Of Google Quality Score Revealed!!! (Not.), Search Engine Land
- InfoSpace Sells Mobile Services Business, What Next?, Search Engine Land
- Google Tries to Fix Broken Links, Google Operating System
- Microsoft Gatineau at Emetrics, Web Analytics World
- Is Your Social Media Marketing Strategy Passive or Active?, Online Marketing blog
- 13 Things to Do When Your Loved One is Away at Conferences, SEOmoz
- On Researching Patents, and a New Google Patent Filing on Expanded Snippets, SEM Clubhouse
- Google, Users, Domainers and SEOs, Johnon
- Copywriting Tips: Accentuate the Negative, GrokDotCom
- Yellowpages.com Re-ups with Marchex, The Kelsey Group
- On Page Communication With Your Web Site Visitors Pays Off, Cre8pc
- Google's sneak attack? Adsense for Facebook, Venture Beat
- Three term sheets to the wind, Valleywag
- Why Accessibility? Because It's Our Job!, Sitepoint
- 7 Places Yahoo is Winning the War Against Google - Search Engine Wars, Social Media Systems
Meet Your Favorite Search Engine Watch Contributors
Many of SEW's leading expert contributors will be at ClickZ Live, the new online and digital marketing event kicking off in New York (March 31-April 3). Hear from the likes of: Thom Craver, Josh Braaten, Lisa Barone, Simon Heseltine, Josh McCoy, Lisa Raehsler, Greg Jarboe, Dan Cristo, Joseph Kerschbaum, John Gagnon, Eric Enge and more!