Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- Competitor Analysis
Competitive intelligence is very often taken for granted in the search industry. Unfortunately, leaving the competition to fend for themselves leaves so much on the plate.
- SEW Experts: The Real Impact of Blended Search
Since the major engines have introduced blended and universal search results, they have seen increased traffic to their video and image sites.
- Reservation Road: A Study in how NOT to launch a movie on the 'net
We found the studio to be lacking a few basic "musts" for setting their film up for success in the online market.
- YouTube video appears in Google News
A YouTube video from AlJazeeraEnglish appeared on the home page of Google News today.
- Yahoo Adds Cars.com, Forbes.com and Ziff-Davis to Publishers' Network
Yahoo announced it has signed agreements with Cars.com, Forbes.com and the Ziff-Davis publications.
- Yahoo To Provide Paid Search For WebMD Properties
Yahoo announced it will provide the sponsored search results for the WebMD properties.
- Globalization of Search: US Hispanic Marketing
CNN's Taylor Gandossy takes a look at what the word "Hispanic" (US-government issue, circa 1970s) means in cultural terms.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- SEM Hyperchondria?, ClickZ
- Does Your Search Engine Optimization Company Understand Your Marketing Strategy?, Search Engine Guide
- Where Does the Responsibility of the SEO End and the Client's Begin?, Search Engine Guide
- B2B Search Tips: More On Writing Killer Ads, Search Engine Land
- Big SEO: Automate Or Die Trying, Search Engine Land
- ‘No Yelpers' Says One Local Cafe, Screenwerk
- Search Marketing Campaigns: Outsource or Bring It In House?, Bruce Clay Blog
- Falco Prepares Another Layoff: the AOL Brand, NY Times Bits
- eMetrics: Search Marketing Round Table with Mike Grehan, Avinash Kaushik, Chris Boggs, and Manoj Jasra, Search Marketing Gurus
- The Art of Honest SEO, SEO Speedwagon
- More Evidence That Google's Broad Match Was Expanded, Convert Offline
- The Big SMX Social Media NY '07 Roundup, Search Engine Land
Optimising Digital Marketing Campaigns with Search, Social and Analytics
At SES London (9-11 Feb) you'll get an overview of the latest tools, tips, and tactics in Paid, Owned, Earned, Integrated Media and Business Intelligence to streamline your marketing campaigns in 2015. Register by 31 October to take advantage of Early Bird Rates.