Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- Search and the Law: Trademarks
Since search became monetized, trademarks have been a front-and-center issue for legal debate.
- 11 Guidelines to Social Media Success
This post will summarize a set of 11 guidelines for putting together a successful social media strategy.
- SEW Experts: Top Rankings, Secrets, and Lies - Part 2
When linkbuilding, as with any task, your time is worth money, and that time needs to be focused on effective strategies.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- Google Webmaster Tools Review, Online Marketing Blog
- Steve Ballmer at Web 2.0 Conference, Don Dodge
- Local: The next disruptive online market, LocalPoint
- Offline Conversion Tracking: The Missing Metric, Search Engine Land
- Baidu Hijacking Google Traffic In China, TechCrunch
- Beginner's Guide to Google Adwords Settings, Search Engine Guide
- Small Businesses Shirk Marketing to Their Own Peril, Fathom SEO
- Search Editor - a new job title in online media, Pandia
- Showdown at Emetrics Summit: Google Analytics Retools, Microsoft to Compete, GrokDotCom
- Does Your Web Site Need a Workout?, Search Engine Guide
- Do You Use Your Own Knowledge for Yourself?, Improve the Web
- How Serious is Your New Prospective Client? Four Easy Questions Help You Figure It Out., Copywriter Underground
- Site search optimization, SEO Theory
This Year's Premier Digital Marketing Event is #CZLSF
ClickZ Live San Francisco (Aug 11-14) will bring together the industry's leading online marketing practitioners to deliver 4 days of educational sessions and training workshops. From Data-Driven Marketing to Social, Mobile, Display, Search and Email, the comprehensive agenda will help you maximize your marketing efforts and ROI. Register today!