Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- Search and the Law: Trademarks
Since search became monetized, trademarks have been a front-and-center issue for legal debate.
- 11 Guidelines to Social Media Success
This post will summarize a set of 11 guidelines for putting together a successful social media strategy.
- SEW Experts: Top Rankings, Secrets, and Lies - Part 2
When linkbuilding, as with any task, your time is worth money, and that time needs to be focused on effective strategies.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- Google Webmaster Tools Review, Online Marketing Blog
- Steve Ballmer at Web 2.0 Conference, Don Dodge
- Local: The next disruptive online market, LocalPoint
- Offline Conversion Tracking: The Missing Metric, Search Engine Land
- Baidu Hijacking Google Traffic In China, TechCrunch
- Beginner's Guide to Google Adwords Settings, Search Engine Guide
- Small Businesses Shirk Marketing to Their Own Peril, Fathom SEO
- Search Editor - a new job title in online media, Pandia
- Showdown at Emetrics Summit: Google Analytics Retools, Microsoft to Compete, GrokDotCom
- Does Your Web Site Need a Workout?, Search Engine Guide
- Do You Use Your Own Knowledge for Yourself?, Improve the Web
- How Serious is Your New Prospective Client? Four Easy Questions Help You Figure It Out., Copywriter Underground
- Site search optimization, SEO Theory
The Original Search Marketing Event is Back!
SES Denver (Oct 16) offers an intense day of learning all the critical aspects of search engine optimization (SEO) and paid search advertising (PPC). The mission of SES remains the same as it did from the start - to help you master being found on search engines. Early Bird rates available through Sept 12. Register today!