Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- Yahoo CMO Resigns, Heading for Big Consumer Brand?
Yahoo chief marketing officer Cammie Dunaway will leave Yahoo on November 2 for a new opportunity, which may be a large consumer brand.
- Microsoft Claims Google Gets Too Much Credit
Brian McAndrews, senior vice president of Microsoft's Advertiser Publisher Solutions Group stated during a panel discussion at the Web 2.0 Summit in San Francisco Thursday that Google is getting too much credit for conversions when they are the last place someone visits before making a purchase.
- SEW Experts: Searching for a Better Local Ad Model
The epic battle fought by "online pure-plays" and "brick and mortar" companies moves to a new frontier: local search.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- Coca-Cola, Google, Branding, and Direct Marketing, ClickZ
- Advertising Placements by Industry and Top Sponsored Links, September 2007, ClickZ Stats
- How To Update Your Internet Yellow Pages Listings For Free, Local SEO Guide
- Twine: The First Mainstream Semantic Web App?, Read/Write Web
- Using Yahoo Search Assist for Keyword Research, SEO Speedwagon
- SEO is like buying a house whilst PPC is like renting, or is it?, SEO Chicks
- Driving Conversion in B2B Search Optimization, B2B SEO
- Google Content Network Opt-out Change, SEM Clubhouse
- GOOG-411, A Harbinger Of The Mobile Web, StayGoLinks
- Highlights: Ballmer on deals, search, and dunking, Todd Bishop's Microsoft Blog
- Marketing Chief Leaving Yahoo, BoomTown
Introducing... ClickZ Live!
SES Conference & Expo has merged with ClickZ to bring you ClickZ Live! The new global conference series takes on the identity of the industry's premier digital marketing publication, ClickZ.com, and kicks off March 31-April 3 in New York City. Join the industry's leading tech-advertisers in the advertising capital of the world! Find out more ››
*Super Saver Rates expire Jan 24.