Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- Google, DoubleClick: Myths and Facts
The ups and downs of Google's purchase of DoubleClick has created a lot of misinformation. Detailing what is happening may help people get a better grasp on the situation and an understanding of the inner fight going on in the industry.
- Kim Krause Berg Podcast, Usability and SEO
Eric Enge and Kim Krause Berg discuss usability issues with web sites, and the strong link between usability and SEO.
- E-consultancy offers free social media briefing for the UK
The folks at e-consultancy have put together a free briefing on social media in the UK.
- SEW Experts: Inside Google Zeitgeist: Google's Annual Partner Summit
If you're just now starting to think about how search and your organization (or internal search department) impact the 2008 planning process, you're a little late to the game.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- Online Marketing Crimes and Misdemeanors, ClickZ
- PPC Not Dead After All?, ClickZ
- Remove Spam from Google Blog Search, Google Operating System
- iyp vs. sem: which silo are you on?, Evans Ink
- The "Echo Boomers" Generation in Search Marketing, SEM Geek
- Search in an ecosystem of friends and predators, Think About Search
- Problems with Anchor Text as a Ranking Signal, Ramblings About SEO
- Measuring User Engagement, with Examples from Yahoo, SEO by the Sea
- The Worst Way To Ask For A Link, Search Engine Land
- User Generated Content Doesn't Work For Everyone, Read/Write Web
- Do You Want Your Ancillary Pages in Googles Index, Graywolf's SEO Blog
- How Will Advertising Influence Mobile Web Growth?, StayGoLinks
- Give the Google Content Network another try, John W. Ellis
Introducing... ClickZ Live!
SES Conference & Expo has merged with ClickZ to bring you ClickZ Live! The new global conference series takes on the identity of the industry's premier digital marketing publication, ClickZ.com, and kicks off March 31-April 3 in New York City. Join the industry's leading tech-advertisers in the advertising capital of the world! Find out more ››
*Super Saver Rates expire Jan 24.