Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- New CBS/Medio Mobile Search Deal: The Start of a Revolution?
Is this "the shot heard round the world" of mobile search?
- Keyword Specific Domains Grabbing Google Real Estate
The ability for a keyword specific domain name to have Google site links at the bottom of their - what now seems default - top listing is creating an interesting real estate bonanza for the people holding such domains.
- AdSense to Launch Ability to Change Displayed Ads from Interface
There's no more need to make the changes at the interface and then change the code on the pages.
- Google Sheds Light on Ad Quality Score
Ever since Google implemented Quality Score as a criteria for AdWords ad placement, advertisers have been clamoring for more transparency into how Google calculates the score.
- Google Now Using Own Translation Software
Google has replaced the Systran software it had been using on its Google Translate service with its own translation software.
- Mozilla Should Be Renamed Googzilla or GoogleFox
Mozilla released their income numbers recently and it seems 85% of their income is from the partnership with Google.
- Search Strategy: Best Practices
"Any search for information no matter how 'high' or 'low' the purpose--whether it is baseball statistics or philosophy--is valid because it is a search for truth."
- SEW Experts: SEO versus Branding: Clash of the Titanic Egos
SEOs, meet brand gurus. Brand gurus, meet SEOs. Talk (don't fight) amongst yourselves.
- SEW Experts: Machines In Translation: Do MT Engineers Dream of Selectric Sheep? Part 2
The battle for search engine supremacy in machine translation rages on.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- Ballmer: Microsoft's search will "dunk every other guy some day", ars technica
- The Top 5 Small Business Marketing Myths, Small Fuel Marketing
- MySpace a ‘Perishable' Asset?, Screenwerk
- The SEO power of 25 words, SEO Theory
- What if Your Business Model Changed Every Four Hours?, ClickZ
- Mobile Advertising 101: Tips for Beginners, ClickZ
- The Dark Art Of Search Engine Optimization, Beanstalk
- Using Social Media To Help Manage Online Reputation, SearchRank
- The Ultimate Podcasting Guide, Carsten Cumbrowski
- Content v Creative - Where does the Customer Count?, SiteLogic
- Google Switches to Its Own Translation System, Google Operating System
Meet Your Favorite Search Engine Watch Contributors
Many of SEW's leading expert contributors will be at ClickZ Live, the new online and digital marketing event kicking off in New York (March 31-April 3). Hear from the likes of: Thom Craver, Josh Braaten, Lisa Barone, Simon Heseltine, Josh McCoy, Lisa Raehsler, Greg Jarboe, Dan Cristo, Joseph Kerschbaum, John Gagnon, Eric Enge and more!