Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- New CBS/Medio Mobile Search Deal: The Start of a Revolution?
Is this "the shot heard round the world" of mobile search?
- Keyword Specific Domains Grabbing Google Real Estate
The ability for a keyword specific domain name to have Google site links at the bottom of their - what now seems default - top listing is creating an interesting real estate bonanza for the people holding such domains.
- AdSense to Launch Ability to Change Displayed Ads from Interface
There's no more need to make the changes at the interface and then change the code on the pages.
- Google Sheds Light on Ad Quality Score
Ever since Google implemented Quality Score as a criteria for AdWords ad placement, advertisers have been clamoring for more transparency into how Google calculates the score.
- Google Now Using Own Translation Software
Google has replaced the Systran software it had been using on its Google Translate service with its own translation software.
- Mozilla Should Be Renamed Googzilla or GoogleFox
Mozilla released their income numbers recently and it seems 85% of their income is from the partnership with Google.
- Search Strategy: Best Practices
"Any search for information no matter how 'high' or 'low' the purpose--whether it is baseball statistics or philosophy--is valid because it is a search for truth."
- SEW Experts: SEO versus Branding: Clash of the Titanic Egos
SEOs, meet brand gurus. Brand gurus, meet SEOs. Talk (don't fight) amongst yourselves.
- SEW Experts: Machines In Translation: Do MT Engineers Dream of Selectric Sheep? Part 2
The battle for search engine supremacy in machine translation rages on.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- Ballmer: Microsoft's search will "dunk every other guy some day", ars technica
- The Top 5 Small Business Marketing Myths, Small Fuel Marketing
- MySpace a ‘Perishable' Asset?, Screenwerk
- The SEO power of 25 words, SEO Theory
- What if Your Business Model Changed Every Four Hours?, ClickZ
- Mobile Advertising 101: Tips for Beginners, ClickZ
- The Dark Art Of Search Engine Optimization, Beanstalk
- Using Social Media To Help Manage Online Reputation, SearchRank
- The Ultimate Podcasting Guide, Carsten Cumbrowski
- Content v Creative - Where does the Customer Count?, SiteLogic
- Google Switches to Its Own Translation System, Google Operating System
This Year's Premier Digital Marketing Event is #CZLSF
ClickZ Live San Francisco (Aug 11-14) will bring together the industry's leading online marketing practitioners to deliver 4 days of educational sessions and training workshops. From Data-Driven Marketing to Social, Mobile, Display, Search and Email, the comprehensive agenda will help you maximize your marketing efforts and ROI. Register today!