Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- Do I Hear Butterfly Wings Flapping or Sense a Google Algorithm Update?
Since change can come at any moment, search marketers must constantly be alert and listening for that first flap of a butterfly's wing that will cause the next hurricane.
- Reservation Road: A Study in SEO-based Movie Promotion
Some SEW experts and bloggers have taken up the challenge to implement a best practices marketing campaign for the new Reservation Road movie.
- Microsoft "Gatineau" Analytics in Beta
Microsoft has begun a beta test of its free Web analytics service, code-named "Project Gatineau."
- Search Engines and User Query Intent
One of the simplest ways search engines can determine user intent is to look at the search query itself.
- SEW Experts: eHobbies and Action Jackson: SEO Quarterly Site Review
Site reviews flesh out advice, best practices, and tips and tricks. See SEO in action.
- SEW Experts: SME Brand Strategy: SEM Tactics, Tips, and Tricks, Part 2
Is building a small business brand online impossible? Not when all forms of online media are converging under search.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- Zillow Crunches User Data to Target Homeowner-Based Ads, ClickZ
- Facebook App Developers See More Ad Rep Options, ClickZ
- Web Analytics: Not Just Growing, But Diversifying, ClickZ
- Gmail's New Version Is Now Available, Google Operating System
- Live Search Maps Getting Better At Giving Directions, TechCrunch
- Internet Now The Primary Local Medium, Search Engine Land
- Ramblings of a Directory Groupie & Some Directory Freebies, Search Engine Guide
- The Other Long Tail of Search, Out of My Gord
- If I were Google, I'd be just about to…., Johnon.com
- The Quaero project - new European search technology, Pandia
- Yahoo Query Revisions Based upon Anchor Text Pointing to Search Results, SEO by the Sea
- Why we love PPC landing pages, Apple Pie & Custard
- Small Business Marketing Needs To Make The Shift, The Lonely Marketer
- Why the world needs SEOs (or - Google only works in an efficient market), SEO'Brien
- @ FOBM: Advertising: Where Should the Money Go?; Search Is Altering The Spending Balance, paidContent
- Google's Internal Tool to Check Search Results?, Google Blogoscoped
The Original Search Marketing Event is Back!
SES Denver (Oct 16) offers an intense day of learning all the critical aspects of search engine optimization (SEO) and paid search advertising (PPC). The mission of SES remains the same as it did from the start - to help you master being found on search engines. Register today!