Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- Do I Hear Butterfly Wings Flapping or Sense a Google Algorithm Update?
Since change can come at any moment, search marketers must constantly be alert and listening for that first flap of a butterfly's wing that will cause the next hurricane.
- Reservation Road: A Study in SEO-based Movie Promotion
Some SEW experts and bloggers have taken up the challenge to implement a best practices marketing campaign for the new Reservation Road movie.
- Microsoft "Gatineau" Analytics in Beta
Microsoft has begun a beta test of its free Web analytics service, code-named "Project Gatineau."
- Search Engines and User Query Intent
One of the simplest ways search engines can determine user intent is to look at the search query itself.
- SEW Experts: eHobbies and Action Jackson: SEO Quarterly Site Review
Site reviews flesh out advice, best practices, and tips and tricks. See SEO in action.
- SEW Experts: SME Brand Strategy: SEM Tactics, Tips, and Tricks, Part 2
Is building a small business brand online impossible? Not when all forms of online media are converging under search.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- Zillow Crunches User Data to Target Homeowner-Based Ads, ClickZ
- Facebook App Developers See More Ad Rep Options, ClickZ
- Web Analytics: Not Just Growing, But Diversifying, ClickZ
- Gmail's New Version Is Now Available, Google Operating System
- Live Search Maps Getting Better At Giving Directions, TechCrunch
- Internet Now The Primary Local Medium, Search Engine Land
- Ramblings of a Directory Groupie & Some Directory Freebies, Search Engine Guide
- The Other Long Tail of Search, Out of My Gord
- If I were Google, I'd be just about to…., Johnon.com
- The Quaero project - new European search technology, Pandia
- Yahoo Query Revisions Based upon Anchor Text Pointing to Search Results, SEO by the Sea
- Why we love PPC landing pages, Apple Pie & Custard
- Small Business Marketing Needs To Make The Shift, The Lonely Marketer
- Why the world needs SEOs (or - Google only works in an efficient market), SEO'Brien
- @ FOBM: Advertising: Where Should the Money Go?; Search Is Altering The Spending Balance, paidContent
- Google's Internal Tool to Check Search Results?, Google Blogoscoped
This Year's Premier Digital Marketing Event is #CZLSF
ClickZ Live San Francisco (Aug 11-14) will bring together the industry's leading online marketing practitioners to deliver 4 days of educational sessions and training workshops. From Data-Driven Marketing to Social, Mobile, Display, Search and Email, the comprehensive agenda will help you maximize your marketing efforts and ROI. Register today!