Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- Relevance is Relative
Google is perceived by many as being "the best" search engine, returning the most relevant results. But is it really the best search engine for all applications?
- Google Adds Site Location To Webmaster Tools
Google has finally added the ability to tell them where your site is located.
- Yahoo Quietly Making Algorithms Changes
Yahoo announced they have been making changes to their crawling, indexing and ranking algorithms over the past few days.
- Do Not Track List? AOL Letting Users Opt Out of Tracking
AOL will allow their users to opt out of tracking. This stops the behavioral information collected about visitors activities which is used to determine which ads will be presented.
- Google to Launch OpenSocial APIs
Shortly after losing out to Microsoft in its efforts to woo social network du jour Facebook, Google has unveiled OpenSocial, a set of common APIs to be backed by Google and an alliance of social sites.
- SEW Experts: Life after SERP: A/B Split and Multivariate Testing
When searchers find your site, what will they see? If you're using A/B split tests and multivariate testing, they'll see customized results on the fly.
- SEW Experts: Achieving Brand and Affiliate Harmony in Search
Forget brand vs. brand brawls in the search engines. The new UFC: Affiliate vs. brand.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- Survey Finds Advertisers Keen on Social Networks, UGC, ClickZ
- The Trouble in Forecasting Organic Search Results, ClickZ
- Online Marketers Joining Internet Privacy Efforts, NY Times
- In-House Salary Survey update and more…, The Online Marketing Guy
- Reputation Management Tools, RedBoots Digital Rodeo
- Please Stop Spamming Me for Votes, SEOmoz
- Bounce Rate as a Ranking Signal, Ramblings About SEO
- Why Advertising Will Not Win The Battle Of Social Media, Social Media Explorer
- Important Steps In 2008 Paid Search Planning, Search Engine Guide
Twitter Canada MD Kirstine Stewart to Keynote Toronto
ClickZ Live Toronto (May 14-16) is a new event addressing the rapidly changing landscape that digital marketers face. The agenda focuses on customer engagement and attaining maximum ROI through online marketing efforts across paid, owned & earned media. Register now and save!