Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- GoogleClick Clears One Hurdle, Another Looms
Google's planned $3.1 billion acquisition of DoubleClick cleared another regulatory hurdle this week in Australia.
- Ask.com Carrying IAC Through Tough Times?
Ask.com's strong performance is helping offset a rough quarter on parent IAC, driven largely by a troubled mortgage industry's impact on its real estate and lending businesses.
- Google Custom Search Overlay
This provides a way to have the results of a user's search overlay itself on top of the screen containing the search box.
- SEW Experts: How Site Architecture Influences Link Building
Site architecture determines how successful link building campaigns will be.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- FTC Forum Promises Discussion of More than Just Behavioral, ClickZ
- Following Google's Footsteps, Microsoft Launches Beta of Free Web Analytics Tool, ClickZ
- Seth Godin Likes Meatball Sundaes?, SEO-space
- Seth Godin Asks: Is Your Marketing Out of Sync?, ProHipHop
- SEOs Should Understand Network Infrastructure, Search Engine Land
- Hakia Adds Social Networking - But Does Search Need Social Networking Features?, Read/Write Web
- Ten Ways to Avoid a Google Reputation Management Nightmare, Marketing Pilgrim
- The Google Phone: The Story So Far, Some Launch Details & What's Next, GigaOm
- Life After Text Links: ScratchBack, TechCrunch
- PayPerPost Inc Changes Its Name to IZEA, Problogger
- Plan for the Holidays Nice and Early By Analyzing Search Trends, SEOmoz
- Forget PageRank, Here's StumbleRank, Search Engine Journal
- Steps to Create a Successful Campaign, RB Digital Rodeo
- The Fate of the Keywords Meta Tag: Misspellings, SoloSEO
- Can't See Your Ad?, Yahoo Search Marketing Blog
- WebTrends Shakeout - Shakeup, Web Metrics Guru
- 2 Pieces of Bad Writing Advice — And What to Do Instead, GrokDotCom
Optimising Digital Marketing Campaigns with Search, Social and Analytics
At SES London (9-11 Feb) you'll get an overview of the latest tools, tips, and tactics in Paid, Owned, Earned, Integrated Media and Business Intelligence to streamline your marketing campaigns in 2015. Register by 31 October to take advantage of Early Bird Rates.