Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- GoogleClick Clears One Hurdle, Another Looms
Google's planned $3.1 billion acquisition of DoubleClick cleared another regulatory hurdle this week in Australia.
- Ask.com Carrying IAC Through Tough Times?
Ask.com's strong performance is helping offset a rough quarter on parent IAC, driven largely by a troubled mortgage industry's impact on its real estate and lending businesses.
- Google Custom Search Overlay
This provides a way to have the results of a user's search overlay itself on top of the screen containing the search box.
- SEW Experts: How Site Architecture Influences Link Building
Site architecture determines how successful link building campaigns will be.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- FTC Forum Promises Discussion of More than Just Behavioral, ClickZ
- Following Google's Footsteps, Microsoft Launches Beta of Free Web Analytics Tool, ClickZ
- Seth Godin Likes Meatball Sundaes?, SEO-space
- Seth Godin Asks: Is Your Marketing Out of Sync?, ProHipHop
- SEOs Should Understand Network Infrastructure, Search Engine Land
- Hakia Adds Social Networking - But Does Search Need Social Networking Features?, Read/Write Web
- Ten Ways to Avoid a Google Reputation Management Nightmare, Marketing Pilgrim
- The Google Phone: The Story So Far, Some Launch Details & What's Next, GigaOm
- Life After Text Links: ScratchBack, TechCrunch
- PayPerPost Inc Changes Its Name to IZEA, Problogger
- Plan for the Holidays Nice and Early By Analyzing Search Trends, SEOmoz
- Forget PageRank, Here's StumbleRank, Search Engine Journal
- Steps to Create a Successful Campaign, RB Digital Rodeo
- The Fate of the Keywords Meta Tag: Misspellings, SoloSEO
- Can't See Your Ad?, Yahoo Search Marketing Blog
- WebTrends Shakeout - Shakeup, Web Metrics Guru
- 2 Pieces of Bad Writing Advice — And What to Do Instead, GrokDotCom
Twitter Canada MD Kirstine Stewart to Keynote Toronto
ClickZ Live Toronto (May 14-16) is a new event addressing the rapidly changing landscape that digital marketers face. The agenda focuses on customer engagement and attaining maximum ROI through online marketing efforts across paid, owned & earned media. Register now and save!*
*Early Bird Rates expire April 17.