Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- Google Android: Mobile Platform, No Gphone (Yet)
Google today unveiled a new mobile operating system, user interface, and applications platform dubbed Android.
- IAC Splitting Into Five Separate Companies
After years of touting the importance of "synergy" between its partner companies, IAC Chairman and CEO Barry Diller has gotten permission from the board of directors to split the business five ways.
- Your Visitors Appreciate Targeted Ads, Really
Despite all the privacy concerns of late, online shoppers appreciate the benefits of personalized and targeted promotions.
- Google Outsources Product Uploads
Google has announced its newly established Product Search Partners who can help people develop and submit feeds for their products.
- Yahoo To Kickstart College Students' Careers
Yahoo is launching a social networking service for college students to help them find careers.
- Microsoft's Garry Wiseman Interviewed on Shopping Search
Garry is the group program manager for the commerce search team in the Live Search group.
- SEW Experts: Content Advertising Explained
David Szetela, founder of Clix Marketing, kicks off his new column that will explore the myriad problems with content advertising, and the ways advertisers can solve those problems.
- SEW Experts: Searches in Vegas, Stay in Vegas
In so many ways, Las Vegas is the best-marketed city in the world. Given that sophistication, one would expect to find all the main casinos, restaurants, night clubs, and shows listed in paid search results.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- What's New at Yahoo?, ClickZ
- Google's Page Rank Update Increases Profitability of Selling Text Links, Problogger
- Right from the resource, Inside AdSense
- Stealing From the Best: Grok's Copywriting Cheat Sheet Explained, E-Marketing Performance
- Google Open Social I'm Disappointed I Think, Graywolf's SEO BlogSEO Fundamentals Are Still Important, SEO-space
- I, Robot: The Man Behind the Google Phone, NY Times
- 5 More Books Search Marketers Should Read, SEOmoz
- Quickly Find Out How Much Your Competitors Are Making, Groove Commerce
- Choosing a Second-Tier Search Engine: Affiliate Networks and Vertical Traffic, SearchAnyway
- Domain Name Investing 101, DotSauce
The Original Search Marketing Event is Back!
SES Denver (Oct 16) offers an intense day of learning all the critical aspects of search engine optimization (SEO) and paid search advertising (PPC). The mission of SES remains the same as it did from the start - to help you master being found on search engines. Early Bird rates extended through Sept 19. Register today!