Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- Justifying the Investment in Industry Conferences
Going to industry conferences is expensive, no doubt. But it would cost you more in the end if you let your competition get an edge on you.
- Times Online editor claims Google is 'hugely dangerous'
The editor of Times Online today told the Society of Editors conference in the UK that Google was "hugely dangerous" to the newspaper industry.
- Yahoo announces Fireeagle
It's a new service for obtaining geo-location information, storing it, and making it available to other web applications.
- SEW Experts: SEO for Brand Reputation Management
Do a Google search for "walmart" and you'll notice the top results include a few sites that aren't exactly favorable to the Wal-Mart brand.
- SEW Experts: SEO for Start-ups and VCs
There are few venture capital firms that really understand the importance of SEO, and few resources devoted to supporting it.
- SEW Experts: Machines In Translation: Do MT Engineers Dream of Selectric Sheep? Part 3
What does Google really want to achieve with machine translation?
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- Getting Out of Search, ClickZ
- Does Your Mobile Strategy Have Real Relevance?, ClickZ
- Google: As Open As It Wants To Be (IE, When It's Convenient), Search Engine Land
- My thoughts about Omniture and WebTrends, Web Analytics Demystified
- Domaining 101 - Part 1, Whizzbangs Blog
- Five Simple Sobriety Steps for Web 2.0 Kool Aid Boozers, Micropersuasion
- MySpace to Launch Local and Vertical Ad Network(s), Praized
- When Is The Right Time To Bring SEO Into The Process?, Local SEO Guide
- Google and Yahoo! Local - We Have A Problem!, SEO Igloo
- Over Complicating Paid Search is a Bad Thing, SEM Geek
- In House Search Marketers Require Experienced Consultants, Fionn Downhill
- The Great SEO Lie Exposed, Search Engine Guide
The Original Search Marketing Event is Back!
SES Denver (Oct 16) offers an intense day of learning all the critical aspects of search engine optimization (SEO) and paid search advertising (PPC). The mission of SES remains the same as it did from the start - to help you master being found on search engines. Early Bird rates available through Sept 12. Register today!