Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- Fitting Search Into Your Marketing Strategy
There are a few different ways to integrate search into your overall marketing strategy. Working with a best-of-breed search marketing firm alongside other best-of-breed marketing partners has the most potential upside, but also is the most challenging to manage.
- Bloglines Debuts Top 1000
Bloglines today launched the Bloglines Top 1000, a list of the most-subscribed blogs in its feed reader.
- AOL Adds Quigo to Platform A
AOL has confirmed the acquisition of Quigo, a contextual ad network serving text, display and video ads.
- Here Come the Social Network Ads
The top social networks have each unveiled plans this week for bringing more targeted ads to their networks. How will users react?
- Ajax and Search Engines
- Content is Dead, Community is King?
A combination of both professional and user generated content can increase organic traffic and create more ad inventory. But success depends on the quality of the actively participating community.
- Sign of the Times – Agencies Go Vertical
Just a few short years ago when search engine marketing was still very young; a prospective client looking for help with search marketing sought an agency with expertise in search. Fast forward just a few short years, add a lot more sophistication, millions of dollars in search engine advertising, and the equation changes.
- SEW Experts: Should You Join the PageRank Hysteria?
PageRank is the SEO equivalent of a stock ticker. How much time do you want to invest watching the PR ticker?
- SEW Experts: Facebook D-Day, Meatball Sundae
Meatballs and ice cream are great on their own, but not so good together.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- Defining Social Media, ClickZ
- Getting Out of Search, ClickZ
- Why Google launched OpenSocial, Dave Winer
- Training: The In-House SEO/SEM Marketer's Trump Card, Search Engine Land
- The SEO, the Press, and Pandering, Johnon
- Yahoo! Panama - An Interview with Mona Elesseily, SEOmoz
- How to Run a Google Adwords Campaign : Basics For Newbies, Search Engine Journal
- Bonding With Your Paid Search Prospect?, Search Engine Guide
- SEO Metrics - Search engine optimization metrics that help, SEO Theory
- Are We Designing For The Human Experience?, Cre8pc
- The Antidote to Chaos - Build & Deliver, Optimize & Prophesize
- WordPress Blogging Tip: Use your index.php page to tell Google what your site is about, Performancing
This Year's Premier Digital Marketing Event is #CZLSF
ClickZ Live San Francisco (Aug 11-14) will bring together the industry's leading online marketing practitioners to deliver 4 days of educational sessions and training workshops. From Data-Driven Marketing to Social, Mobile, Display, Search and Email, the comprehensive agenda will help you maximize your marketing efforts and ROI. Register today!