Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- Fitting Search Into Your Marketing Strategy
There are a few different ways to integrate search into your overall marketing strategy. Working with a best-of-breed search marketing firm alongside other best-of-breed marketing partners has the most potential upside, but also is the most challenging to manage.
- Bloglines Debuts Top 1000
Bloglines today launched the Bloglines Top 1000, a list of the most-subscribed blogs in its feed reader.
- AOL Adds Quigo to Platform A
AOL has confirmed the acquisition of Quigo, a contextual ad network serving text, display and video ads.
- Here Come the Social Network Ads
The top social networks have each unveiled plans this week for bringing more targeted ads to their networks. How will users react?
- Ajax and Search Engines
- Content is Dead, Community is King?
A combination of both professional and user generated content can increase organic traffic and create more ad inventory. But success depends on the quality of the actively participating community.
- Sign of the Times – Agencies Go Vertical
Just a few short years ago when search engine marketing was still very young; a prospective client looking for help with search marketing sought an agency with expertise in search. Fast forward just a few short years, add a lot more sophistication, millions of dollars in search engine advertising, and the equation changes.
- SEW Experts: Should You Join the PageRank Hysteria?
PageRank is the SEO equivalent of a stock ticker. How much time do you want to invest watching the PR ticker?
- SEW Experts: Facebook D-Day, Meatball Sundae
Meatballs and ice cream are great on their own, but not so good together.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- Defining Social Media, ClickZ
- Getting Out of Search, ClickZ
- Why Google launched OpenSocial, Dave Winer
- Training: The In-House SEO/SEM Marketer's Trump Card, Search Engine Land
- The SEO, the Press, and Pandering, Johnon
- Yahoo! Panama - An Interview with Mona Elesseily, SEOmoz
- How to Run a Google Adwords Campaign : Basics For Newbies, Search Engine Journal
- Bonding With Your Paid Search Prospect?, Search Engine Guide
- SEO Metrics - Search engine optimization metrics that help, SEO Theory
- Are We Designing For The Human Experience?, Cre8pc
- The Antidote to Chaos - Build & Deliver, Optimize & Prophesize
- WordPress Blogging Tip: Use your index.php page to tell Google what your site is about, Performancing
The Original Search Marketing Event is Back!
SES Denver (Oct 16) offers an intense day of learning all the critical aspects of search engine optimization (SEO) and paid search advertising (PPC). The mission of SES remains the same as it did from the start - to help you master being found on search engines. Register today!