Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- Getting a Blog's Benefits, Without a Blog
Don't want to put a blog on your B2B site? You can still get some of the benefits of blogging by doing as the bloggers do.
- Google Refines Site Targeting, Adds Bid Options
Google has changed the way it allows advertisers to target ads by site in its content network, and added a cost-per-click (CPC) bidding option for those ads.
- Local Search at the Pump
Google has struck a deal with a gas pump kiosk maker to implement Google Maps on the company's media system.
- SEW Experts: Link Building and Brainstorming Content
Building links using great content can save even the most disastrous site.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- New Players Build Local Niches With Local Sales Efforts, ClickZ
- Targeting Ads on Social Networks, ClickZ
- Clearspring Distributing Widgets with Banner Ad System, ClickZ
- Internet Ad Spend Holds Relatively Steady, ClickZ
- How To Buy A #1 Organic Search Ranking On Google, Search Engine Land
- True Knowledge Launches Natural Language Search Engine, TechCrunch
- 10-Q Watch: Google: $101 Million on Five Q3 Acquisitions; Definition Of ‘Competition' Changes, paidContent
This Year's Premier Digital Marketing Event is #CZLSF
ClickZ Live San Francisco (Aug 11-14) will bring together the industry's leading online marketing practitioners to deliver 4 days of educational sessions and training workshops. From Data-Driven Marketing to Social, Mobile, Display, Search and Email, the comprehensive agenda will help you maximize your marketing efforts and ROI. Register today!