Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- Getting a Blog's Benefits, Without a Blog
Don't want to put a blog on your B2B site? You can still get some of the benefits of blogging by doing as the bloggers do.
- Google Refines Site Targeting, Adds Bid Options
Google has changed the way it allows advertisers to target ads by site in its content network, and added a cost-per-click (CPC) bidding option for those ads.
- Local Search at the Pump
Google has struck a deal with a gas pump kiosk maker to implement Google Maps on the company's media system.
- SEW Experts: Link Building and Brainstorming Content
Building links using great content can save even the most disastrous site.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- New Players Build Local Niches With Local Sales Efforts, ClickZ
- Targeting Ads on Social Networks, ClickZ
- Clearspring Distributing Widgets with Banner Ad System, ClickZ
- Internet Ad Spend Holds Relatively Steady, ClickZ
- How To Buy A #1 Organic Search Ranking On Google, Search Engine Land
- True Knowledge Launches Natural Language Search Engine, TechCrunch
- 10-Q Watch: Google: $101 Million on Five Q3 Acquisitions; Definition Of ‘Competition' Changes, paidContent
Meet Your Favorite Search Engine Watch Contributors
Many of SEW's leading expert contributors will be at ClickZ Live, the new online and digital marketing event kicking off in New York (March 31-April 3). Hear from the likes of: Thom Craver, Josh Braaten, Lisa Barone, Simon Heseltine, Josh McCoy, Lisa Raehsler, Greg Jarboe, Dan Cristo, Joseph Kerschbaum, John Gagnon, Eric Enge and more!