Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- Here Come the Social Network Ads, Part II: The Local Angle
There are some interesting local search and small business advertising implications to Facebook's and MySpace's new ad platforms.
- Yahoo Shares Hints on Improving Quality Index
This number is important, because ads with a higher quality index can receive higher ranking in sponsored search results.
- SEW Experts: SEO Engineers Keep Agency on Track
There's a dirty little secret about SEO. Most people have absolutely no idea what we do.
- SEW Experts: Local Search for National Brands
National brands that empower their local sales channel can generate more sales, leads, and conversions.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- AzoogleAds Agrees to Pay Florida AG $1 Million, ClickZ
- Digital Ad Daze, ClickZ
- New Research Validates Search For CPG Marketers, ClickZ
- How Feedburner Adds Up Subscriber Numbers, Search Engine Land
- Block Facebook Beacon, Idea Shower
- Top bloggers reveal how to build traffic off-blog without spending a dime, Jonathan Fields
- Why Don't Bid Management Programs Optimize For Profit?, Mike Moran
- The Search Mafia, SEO Scoop
- 7 Points of Paid Links v.s. Editorial Links, Ramblings About SEO
- BlogWorld Expo: SEO For Blogging Slides, Vanessa Fox
- Predatory Jerks Give SEO a Bad Name, AimClear Blog
- Mobile Ad Growth: Let's talk about consumers, LocalPoint
- Dangerous Signs of Hubris at Facebook, Screenwerk
- The First Priority of Marketing a Small Business, SmallFuel Marketing
- Landing Page Testing: How Much Is Too Much?, Marketo
- SEO for blogs - Basic Blog Search Engine Optimization, SEO Theory
- Microsoft adCenter Upgraded Big Time since adChamps, DaveN
Introducing... ClickZ Live!
SES Conference & Expo has merged with ClickZ to bring you ClickZ Live! The new global conference series takes on the identity of the industry's premier digital marketing publication, ClickZ.com, and kicks off March 31-April 3 in New York City. Join the industry's leading tech-advertisers in the advertising capital of the world! Find out more ››
*Super Saver Rates expire Jan 24.