Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- Here Come the Social Network Ads, Part II: The Local Angle
There are some interesting local search and small business advertising implications to Facebook's and MySpace's new ad platforms.
- Yahoo Shares Hints on Improving Quality Index
This number is important, because ads with a higher quality index can receive higher ranking in sponsored search results.
- SEW Experts: SEO Engineers Keep Agency on Track
There's a dirty little secret about SEO. Most people have absolutely no idea what we do.
- SEW Experts: Local Search for National Brands
National brands that empower their local sales channel can generate more sales, leads, and conversions.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- AzoogleAds Agrees to Pay Florida AG $1 Million, ClickZ
- Digital Ad Daze, ClickZ
- New Research Validates Search For CPG Marketers, ClickZ
- How Feedburner Adds Up Subscriber Numbers, Search Engine Land
- Block Facebook Beacon, Idea Shower
- Top bloggers reveal how to build traffic off-blog without spending a dime, Jonathan Fields
- Why Don't Bid Management Programs Optimize For Profit?, Mike Moran
- The Search Mafia, SEO Scoop
- 7 Points of Paid Links v.s. Editorial Links, Ramblings About SEO
- BlogWorld Expo: SEO For Blogging Slides, Vanessa Fox
- Predatory Jerks Give SEO a Bad Name, AimClear Blog
- Mobile Ad Growth: Let's talk about consumers, LocalPoint
- Dangerous Signs of Hubris at Facebook, Screenwerk
- The First Priority of Marketing a Small Business, SmallFuel Marketing
- Landing Page Testing: How Much Is Too Much?, Marketo
- SEO for blogs - Basic Blog Search Engine Optimization, SEO Theory
- Microsoft adCenter Upgraded Big Time since adChamps, DaveN
Upcoming Webinar: PPC Pause and Reflections for 2013
Thursday, December 12 - 2013 was a major turning point in search advertising. With Google's Enhanced Campaigns and Bing's innovative Smart Search capabilities in Windows 8.1, now is a great time to pause, reflect, and plan for the new year. Webinar attendance is free. Sign up today!