Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- Google Wants To Be An American Idol
Google is reportedly in talks with Simon Fuller, one of the creators of American Idol, to develop a global online video presence.
- Yahoo Announces Change To Shorter Descriptions
The 75 character limit will be enforced on all ads on Yahoo's network.
- AOL Acquires Q&A Platform Yedda
AOL follows last week's Quigo acquisition with the news that it has acquired Yedda, an Israel-based Q&A platform similar to Yahoo Answers.
- Interview with Microsoft's Ramez Naam
Eric Enge has an interesting discussion with Naam, focused on some of the key issues that impact core search algorithms.
- Going to SES Chicago for the first time
Greg Jarboe breaks down the best sessions for someone going to Search Engine Strategies Chicago for the first time.
- SEW Experts: The Future of Search: Strategy, Execution, Evolution
These days, search marketers seem to be filled with high anxiety, fear, uncertainty, and doubt. It's important to put these concerns in perspective.
- SEW Experts: Content Advertising Explained - Part 2
Ads created for the content networks perform a different job, target different users, and require a different strategy.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- SEO Design and Development Best Practices, ClickZ
- Advertising in the New New Media, Part 2, ClickZ
- Dave Morgan to Guide Global Ad Strategy at AOL, ClickZ
- Related Queries in Google Image Search, Google Operating System
- Facebook search expands — will it take on Google?, Venture Beat
- December's Battle Of The Search Conferences, Search Engine Land
- 8 Tips for Finding Exceptional Employees, E-Marketing Performance
- PPC lesson from Kenny Rogers and some advanced maths, Distilled
- Why Google Can't Just "Dump" PageRank, SEO Fast Start
- Yahoo Opting Out of Search Soon?, Smart-Keywords
- Should SEO be Outsourced?, Fresh Egg
- Microsoft on Index Partitioning, SEO by the Sea
- A Few Tips on Web Analytics Segmentation, Web Analytics Demystified
- Use of Personas Boosts Conversion by 400%, GrokDotCom
- Yelp SEO Analysis: Part One, Local SEO Guide
- Optimizing Internal Site Search for eCommerce, Groove Commerce
- It's all about the numbers, Dave Rohrer
- Search industry needs to adapt, E-Consultancy
- BlogWord 2007 Session Coverage Recap, Bruce Clay Blog
Know your Ambiguous Customer: Effective Multi-Channel Tracking
Wednesday, June 5 at 1pm ET - Learn why a move from the "batch and blast" email approach enables better conversations with your customers.
Register today - don't miss this free webinar!