Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- Google Wants To Be An American Idol
Google is reportedly in talks with Simon Fuller, one of the creators of American Idol, to develop a global online video presence.
- Yahoo Announces Change To Shorter Descriptions
The 75 character limit will be enforced on all ads on Yahoo's network.
- AOL Acquires Q&A Platform Yedda
AOL follows last week's Quigo acquisition with the news that it has acquired Yedda, an Israel-based Q&A platform similar to Yahoo Answers.
- Interview with Microsoft's Ramez Naam
Eric Enge has an interesting discussion with Naam, focused on some of the key issues that impact core search algorithms.
- Going to SES Chicago for the first time
Greg Jarboe breaks down the best sessions for someone going to Search Engine Strategies Chicago for the first time.
- SEW Experts: The Future of Search: Strategy, Execution, Evolution
These days, search marketers seem to be filled with high anxiety, fear, uncertainty, and doubt. It's important to put these concerns in perspective.
- SEW Experts: Content Advertising Explained - Part 2
Ads created for the content networks perform a different job, target different users, and require a different strategy.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- SEO Design and Development Best Practices, ClickZ
- Advertising in the New New Media, Part 2, ClickZ
- Dave Morgan to Guide Global Ad Strategy at AOL, ClickZ
- Related Queries in Google Image Search, Google Operating System
- Facebook search expands — will it take on Google?, Venture Beat
- December's Battle Of The Search Conferences, Search Engine Land
- 8 Tips for Finding Exceptional Employees, E-Marketing Performance
- PPC lesson from Kenny Rogers and some advanced maths, Distilled
- Why Google Can't Just "Dump" PageRank, SEO Fast Start
- Yahoo Opting Out of Search Soon?, Smart-Keywords
- Should SEO be Outsourced?, Fresh Egg
- Microsoft on Index Partitioning, SEO by the Sea
- A Few Tips on Web Analytics Segmentation, Web Analytics Demystified
- Use of Personas Boosts Conversion by 400%, GrokDotCom
- Yelp SEO Analysis: Part One, Local SEO Guide
- Optimizing Internal Site Search for eCommerce, Groove Commerce
- It's all about the numbers, Dave Rohrer
- Search industry needs to adapt, E-Consultancy
- BlogWord 2007 Session Coverage Recap, Bruce Clay Blog
The Original Search Marketing Event is Back!
SES Denver (Oct 16) offers an intense day of learning all the critical aspects of search engine optimization (SEO) and paid search advertising (PPC). The mission of SES remains the same as it did from the start - to help you master being found on search engines. Register today!