Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- Do You Know What's Really Causing Your Results?
Sometimes, gains in ROI from a PPC campaign could have been even better, if you could identify the point of diminishing returns.
- Report: UK Small Businesses Shy Away from Search
A majority of small businesses in the U.K. are not investing in search marketing, but those who do are seeing an increase in sales.
- Yahoo Adds 9 Asian Countries To Mobile Search
Yahoo is now offering its mobile search product in Chinese and has added nine new partners in the Asian market.
- Live Search Shopping Feature Commentary
The Live Search blog highlighted some additional aspects of their shopping search engine.
- SEW Experts: How To Choose an SEO Agency and Why
When pricing SEO services, many companies have a hard time getting a handle on what they should pay.
- SEW Experts: Keywords First - New Web Site Second
Where do you start once you have an idea for a new online venture? If your goal is to build it and they will come, then you need to start with keyword research.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- Quantcast Brings on CMO, Expands Outreach to Publishers, Advertisers, ClickZ
- Engagement: The Definition Debate, ClickZ
- Death, Social Media, and Remembrance, ClickZ
- Google is Changing the Definition of a "Click" on AdSense Ads, Search Engine Roundtable
- Microsoft launches Live Search Webmaster Portal beta, LiveSide
- The Web in Google's Mobile Browser, Google Operating System
- Face Off: Facial Recognition Search Engines, Alt Search Engines
- Past Time For MSN To Pony Up To The Real Truth About Referrer Spam, SEO Scoop
- Yahoo on Search Advertising and Behavioral Targeting, SEO by the Sea
- The Role of B2B SEO in the Buying Cycle, B2B SEO
- Voters Are Searching But Campaigns Aren't Advertising: Analyzing PPC Results for 50,000+ Google & Yahoo Political Searches, Rimm Kaufman Group
Meet Your Favorite Search Engine Watch Contributors
Many of SEW's leading expert contributors will be at ClickZ Live, the new online and digital marketing event kicking off in New York (March 31-April 3). Hear from the likes of: Thom Craver, Josh Braaten, Lisa Barone, Simon Heseltine, Josh McCoy, Lisa Raehsler, Greg Jarboe, Dan Cristo, Joseph Kerschbaum, John Gagnon, Eric Enge and more!