Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- AdSense Video Units To Launch In UK, Ireland and Canada
Publishers will be able to show videos from YouTube content partners in ad units on their sites.
- Google Gets Its Court Date In Australia
Australians are taking Google to court over the lack of clear division between paid and organic search results. The courts set a date for the hearing in June.
- Yahoo Could Be Selling European Units
Seems Yahoo is unhappy with their European marketing efforts, the new head of Yahoo's European business Toby Coppel told the Financial Times.
- AT&T To Acquire Pay Per Call Company Ingenio
AT&T announced plans to acquire Ingenio whose Pay Per Call technology they intend to integrate with YellowPages.com.
- Bloglines Eric Engleman Interviewed
One of the more interesting aspects of the interview was learning about the search functionality built into Bloglines.
- User-Edited Locations on Google Maps
Google Maps users now have the ability to edit locations on Google Maps for all users to see.
- Poynt Gives New Local Search Option for Windows Live Messenger Users
Multiplied Media has teamed with Idearc to deliver Superpages.com's full directory of local U.S. business listings over instant messaging platforms.
- SEW Experts: Search Marketing Staffing Crisis
There's a tradeoff most people face in the process of hiring a search marketing team: hire people with less business experience who are likely more familiar with search, or hire people less familiar with search who have more business experience.
- SEW Experts: Content Advertising Explained - Part 3
Content ads need to work harder than search ads to distract the reader's attention from the Web site content that attracted them in the first place.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- Study: Adjust Holiday Ad Campaigns for Online Crunch, Offline Rush, ClickZ
- Are Analysts Wrong About Online Ad Growth?, ClickZ
- Adversarial Information Retrieval -- That's Spam to You and Me, ClickZ
- Great, Free Consumer-Research Tools, ClickZ
- I Know All About SEO, Ask the SEO Guru
- SMX London Recap, Search Engine Land
- Google Magazine?, TechCrunch
- Search and aggregators set to dominate, Information World Review
- Yahoo Could Close Poorly-Performing European Properties; Third Party Search Partnerships Coming?, paidContent
- Barack Obama's Speech at Google, Google Blogoscoped
- Advertiser 2.0, Yahoo Search Marketing Blog
- Google "Wikifies" Maps To Improve Local Data, Search Engine Land
- Scalability and Human Capital in SEO, Shaving Occam
- Northern Light to Integrate Meaning Extraction into Business Search, Bill Hartzer
- Microsoft Will Show You Your Competitors' Numbers, Smart-Keywords
- Yahoo Site Authentication: What it Can Do For You, SEO-space
- Jody Nimetz on Emerging Trends in B2B Social Networking, SEO-space
Early Bird Rates have been extended!
June 12-14, 2013: Join industry experts at SES Toronto for a crash course in the latest strategies in Online Marketing and Advertising.
Save $300 when you register by Thursday, May 23.