Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- Oodle 2.0: Improved Classifieds Search
With a new release it's dubbed "Oodle 2.0," the classifieds search engine has greatly improved its search functionality and user experience.
- Senate Subcommittee Cautions FTC on Google-DoubleClick Acquisition
U.S. Senators are urging the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) to look with a critical eye on Google's planned acquisition of DoubleClick.
- Google Custom Search Engines Go International
Google has expanded its Custom Search Engine program internationally. Now it's available in 40 languages, and in close to 80 countries worldwide.
- SEW Experts: On Page vs. Off Page SEO
Off-page SEO factors are getting all the attention these days. But good, old-fashioned, on-page factors are also vital for every SEO project.
- SEW Experts: Slow Growth in Search? Long Tail Keyword Solutions
When building a new startup, you initially see search marketing boom year over year. Inevitably, that growth will slow. The first step in reversing the slow growth trend is to admit your search campaigns may have hit a wall..
- SEW Experts: Global SEM Growth Leaves U.S. SEOs Behind
Now that search engine marketing has become a global game, the need for translation services for Web sites has never been greater.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- OpenSocial Has Been Good To Plaxo, TechCrunch
- AOL Launches 'Ticker' Ads, New Video Player, ClickZ
- Declining Conversion Rates, ClickZ
- Digital Ad Firms See Deals En Route To ‘One-Stop' Status, paidContent
- How Do You Value Social Media?, Search Engine Guide
- The Irony Behind an Image Search Result, Google Operating System
- 20 Essential Blog Directories to Submit Your Blog To, Search Engine Journal
- Five Ways Negative Reviews Help Your Online Reputation, Marketing Pilgrim
- Yelp SEO Analysis: Part Two, Local SEO Guide
- Keyword Research Tools for SEO & Social Media, TopRank Online Marketing Blog
- Open Letter To Senators Hatch & Kohl About Google-DoubleClick, Search Engine Land
- What's Wrong with Market Research, Out of my Gord
- Social Media - Social Means Conversation so Ask Me, Don't Annoy Me, Search Marketing Gurus
- Review of Microsoft Live Search Webmaster Center, SEO-space
- The 3 Pillars of SEO, SEM and their Relationship, McAnerin Muse
- Why Paid Search Ad Creatives are Overrated, SEM Geek
- Does Close Enough Really Count?, LocalPoint
- Piper Jaffray Global Internet Summit, The Kelsey Group Blog
- How to Convince a CEO to Enter 21st Century Internet Marketing, HubSpot
- What's After Facebook Or Is The Migration Over?, Social Media Explorer
- Some Clarity About the Ingenio Acquisition, Screenwerk
The Original Search Marketing Event is Back!
SES Denver (Oct 16) offers an intense day of learning all the critical aspects of search engine optimization (SEO) and paid search advertising (PPC). The mission of SES remains the same as it did from the start - to help you master being found on search engines. Early Bird rates available through Sept 12. Register today!