Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- BidHero Brings Analytics to PPC Bid Management
Bid management for PPC campaigns has become more complicated with the introduction of "quality scores" by the major ad platforms.
- Privacy Group Takes on Facebook
Privacy watchdog MoveOn.org has posted an online petition demanding that Facebook respect the privacy of users by making it easier to opt out of the "Beacon Ads" program.
- SEW Experts: How to Integrate PPC and Display Advertising
Pay-per-click (PPC) or display advertising? You don't always have to choose one or the other.
- Discover Your Video Search
Video search providers agree that indexing and searching through millions of online videos isn't the real challenge facing them.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- Think Global, Act Local Training Class at SES Chicago, SageRock
- Starting from Scratch: A Paid Search Primer, Rimm-Kaufman Group
- Google Transfers A LOT of Domains, ResourceShelf
- Microsoft, Google and Yahoo Acquisitions Compared, O'Reilly Radar
- The Sinister Reason Why AT&T Acquired Ingenio, Marketing Pilgrim
- Why We Can't Judge Relevance, Marketing Pilgrim
- They're Dead, Jim, Search Engine Guide
- The Google Set-Top Box (Think Android For TV), TechCrunch
- What Google has planned for Jaiku?, Jonathan Mulholland
- Domaining 101 - Part 2 - Buying domains, Whizzbangs Blog
- Local Search - The Last Mile in Marketing, Metamend
- Cre8asiteforums: What We'll Cre8 in 2008, Cre8pc
- The bleeding at WebTrends continues, Web Analytics Demystified
- Making Social Connections and Selling Cookies, NY Times
- The Social Media Manual: Read Before You Play, Search Engine Land
- Are Your Customers Looking For A Problem?, Search Engine Land
- Thankful for PageRank Updates, Blended Search, ClickZ
- Insider Information: Interviews With In-House Search Marketers, Search Engine Land
- Does Image Search Traffic Convert?, Search Engine Journal
- What's the Difference Between a Subdomain and Domain?, Search Engine Roundtable
Meet Your Favorite Search Engine Watch Contributors
Many of SEW's leading expert contributors will be at ClickZ Live, the new online and digital marketing event kicking off in New York (March 31-April 3). Hear from the likes of: Thom Craver, Josh Braaten, Lisa Barone, Simon Heseltine, Josh McCoy, Lisa Raehsler, Greg Jarboe, Dan Cristo, Joseph Kerschbaum, John Gagnon, Eric Enge and more!