Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- Social Media + Press Release = Meatball Sundae?
A meatball sundae is the unfortunate result of mixing two good ideas. In this case, the meatballs are the press releases and the sundae toppings are the Technorati tags, Digg buttons, del.icio.us bookmarks and other Web 2.0 features.
- IBM enhances free enterprise search software
IBM has unveiled a new release of the free IBM OmniFind Yahoo Edition enterprise search software.
- Matt Cutts Videos on Search Snippets
Google engineer Matt Cutts recently recorded a video taking a detailed look at how Google constructs a "search snippet," the information about your site returned in search results.
- SEW Experts: SEO for New Web Site Launch
The first step in any SEO initiative for new sites is to set realistic expectations and goals.
- SEW Experts: SEO and Usability: Use 'em or Lose 'em
Making sure your small business Web site is user- and search engine-friendly is a challenge.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- Ranking the Search Engine Results Page, SEO-space
- Five Mistakes When Asking for Links, WWW Observer
- The Importance of Keywords Meta Tag in SEO, Search Engine Journal
- Black Monday Shopping & Local Search Engine Optimization, Local SEO Guide
- Black Friday, Cyber Monday and Local Search, Local Biz Bits
- Why You Shouldn't Trust Social Media To Search Marketers, Social Media Explorer
- Future Now's 2007 Retail Customer Experience Study, GrokDotCom
- 5 Ways Google Might Monetize Natural Search Results, Jonathan Mendez
- When Bad Reviews go Good, SiteLogic
- Is Google Spiking the Kool Aid With The Content Network's Domain Ads?, SEM Geek
- 7 Steps to Get Your New Site Indexed in 24 hours, SoloSEO
Meet Your Favorite Search Engine Watch Contributors
Many of SEW's leading expert contributors will be at ClickZ Live, the new online and digital marketing event kicking off in New York (March 31-April 3). Hear from the likes of: Thom Craver, Josh Braaten, Lisa Barone, Simon Heseltine, Josh McCoy, Lisa Raehsler, Greg Jarboe, Dan Cristo, Joseph Kerschbaum, John Gagnon, Eric Enge and more!