Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- SEO Is Not a One-Time Event
Too often, companies "approve" SEO only to treat it as a one-time hit, or a short-term project. Months or years later, when they asked someone else to "do" SEO for them, it is discovered that the company had laid none of the basic foundation for SEO.
- Google Maps Add Collaboration Features, Terrain Maps
Google Maps has gained some more features from Google Earth this week, including the ability for a group to collaborate on map updates, and the addition of a terrain maps feature.
- What are exhibitors exhibiting at SES Chicago?
A lot of people will be coming to see what the exhibitors are exhibiting on the show floor. But, what will they see?
- Defense of the social media press release
Yesterday afternoon, the prosecution asked, "Is the Social Media Press Release a Meatball Sundae?" A short time later, the defense made its case.
- Strumpette testifies in social media press release trial
With the opening arguments out of the way, the prosecution will now call its first witness to testify.
- YPA Adds Mobile to Local Search Guide
At The Kelsey Group's Interactive Local Media 2007/Search Engine Strategies Local show today in Los Angeles, the Yellow Pages Association launched a mobile section to its Local Search Guide.
- Take Advantage of the Offline Rush
As an online advertiser, you can actually take advantage of the Offline Rush -- and maybe stretch your holiday ad budget as well.
- SEW Experts: SEO for Widgets: CLIQ Case Study
The search marketing world continues to expand in all sorts of ways. In an SEO strategy, widgets can be extremely effective gaining exposure for the content and tools featured on a site.
- SEW Experts: Understanding the Global Search Marketplace - Part 2
Searches are up all over the world, and it's an interesting juxtaposition to think of the rest of the world as "emerging" compared to North America and Europe.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- Hidden Gems in Google Webmaster Tools, Part 1, ClickZ
- What Bubble?, ClickZ
- Online Video Ranking: MSN/Live Surge, Competitors Sink, Compete
- Google Content Network Tips: Part 2 - Targeting Options, Environments, and Ad Formats, Inside AdWords
- Detecting more “undetectable” webspam, Matt Cutts
- 9 Paths of SEO Enlightenment, Part I, Search Engine Guide
- Press Release SEO Tips, Online Marketing Blog
- SEO Linking Gotchas Even The Pros Make, Andy Beard
- Structure Search Coming To Yahoo, Search Engine Land
- Music Search Engines Tread Fine Legal Line, TechCrunch
- Brightcove Gives Up on Consumer Video, Read/Write Web
- Source: Yes, LinkedIn and News Corp. are working on a deal, Venture Beat
- How to Structure a Microsoft - Yahoo Deal, Silicon Alley Insider
Meet Your Favorite Search Engine Watch Contributors
Many of SEW's leading expert contributors will be at ClickZ Live, the new online and digital marketing event kicking off in New York (March 31-April 3). Hear from the likes of: Thom Craver, Josh Braaten, Lisa Barone, Simon Heseltine, Josh McCoy, Lisa Raehsler, Greg Jarboe, Dan Cristo, Joseph Kerschbaum, John Gagnon, Eric Enge and more!