Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- Facebook Alters Beacon program
Facebook has apparently seen the light, making changes to the Beacon program to make it an opt-in program, rather than an opt-out one.
- Strategic Link Building
Getting links from authority sites and earning trust from others in your space can pay off more than getting even a large number of other links.
- Google experimenting with Digg-like features
A test in Google Experimental lets users influence the search experience by adding, moving, and removing search results.
- SEW Experts: Local Search: Competing All Over the Map - Part 2
While Google, Yahoo, and Microsoft battle for online mapping domination, another competitor is fortifying its position quietly off to the side.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- IYP Exchange Aims to Grab National Ad Dollars for Small YP Sites, ClickZ
- It's 10 p.m. Do You Know Where Your Brand Is?, ClickZ
- Facebook Retreats on Online Tracking, NY Times
- SES Chicago Interview: Kevin Ryan and Kevin Heisler, Online Marketing Blog
- Reputation Management and Your So-Called "Expert" Self, Cre8pc
- Download Your AdSense for Search Top Query Data Before Google Deletes It, Search Engine Roundtable
- Search And The Moral Imperative, Search Insider
- Passing The Tactical Torch To The New Kids, Search Insider
- What Every SEO Company Should Know about Keyphrase Choice, Search Engine Guide
- Anne Kennedy Talks About SES Chicago, Search Marketing Gurus
Optimising Digital Marketing Campaigns with Search, Social and Analytics
At SES London (9-11 Feb) you'll get an overview of the latest tools, tips, and tactics in Paid, Owned, Earned, Integrated Media and Business Intelligence to streamline your marketing campaigns in 2015. Register by 31 October to take advantage of Early Bird Rates.