Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- Facebook Alters Beacon program
Facebook has apparently seen the light, making changes to the Beacon program to make it an opt-in program, rather than an opt-out one.
- Strategic Link Building
Getting links from authority sites and earning trust from others in your space can pay off more than getting even a large number of other links.
- Google experimenting with Digg-like features
A test in Google Experimental lets users influence the search experience by adding, moving, and removing search results.
- SEW Experts: Local Search: Competing All Over the Map - Part 2
While Google, Yahoo, and Microsoft battle for online mapping domination, another competitor is fortifying its position quietly off to the side.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- IYP Exchange Aims to Grab National Ad Dollars for Small YP Sites, ClickZ
- It's 10 p.m. Do You Know Where Your Brand Is?, ClickZ
- Facebook Retreats on Online Tracking, NY Times
- SES Chicago Interview: Kevin Ryan and Kevin Heisler, Online Marketing Blog
- Reputation Management and Your So-Called "Expert" Self, Cre8pc
- Download Your AdSense for Search Top Query Data Before Google Deletes It, Search Engine Roundtable
- Search And The Moral Imperative, Search Insider
- Passing The Tactical Torch To The New Kids, Search Insider
- What Every SEO Company Should Know about Keyphrase Choice, Search Engine Guide
- Anne Kennedy Talks About SES Chicago, Search Marketing Gurus
The Original Search Marketing Event is Back!
SES Denver (Oct 16) offers an intense day of learning all the critical aspects of search engine optimization (SEO) and paid search advertising (PPC). The mission of SES remains the same as it did from the start - to help you master being found on search engines. Early Bird rates available through Sept 12. Register today!