Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- Facebook Alters Beacon program
Facebook has apparently seen the light, making changes to the Beacon program to make it an opt-in program, rather than an opt-out one.
- Strategic Link Building
Getting links from authority sites and earning trust from others in your space can pay off more than getting even a large number of other links.
- Google experimenting with Digg-like features
A test in Google Experimental lets users influence the search experience by adding, moving, and removing search results.
- SEW Experts: Local Search: Competing All Over the Map - Part 2
While Google, Yahoo, and Microsoft battle for online mapping domination, another competitor is fortifying its position quietly off to the side.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- IYP Exchange Aims to Grab National Ad Dollars for Small YP Sites, ClickZ
- It's 10 p.m. Do You Know Where Your Brand Is?, ClickZ
- Facebook Retreats on Online Tracking, NY Times
- SES Chicago Interview: Kevin Ryan and Kevin Heisler, Online Marketing Blog
- Reputation Management and Your So-Called "Expert" Self, Cre8pc
- Download Your AdSense for Search Top Query Data Before Google Deletes It, Search Engine Roundtable
- Search And The Moral Imperative, Search Insider
- Passing The Tactical Torch To The New Kids, Search Insider
- What Every SEO Company Should Know about Keyphrase Choice, Search Engine Guide
- Anne Kennedy Talks About SES Chicago, Search Marketing Gurus
This Year's Premier Digital Marketing Event is #CZLSF
ClickZ Live San Francisco (Aug 11-14) will bring together the industry's leading online marketing practitioners to deliver 4 days of educational sessions and training workshops. From Data-Driven Marketing to Social, Mobile, Display, Search and Email, the comprehensive agenda will help you maximize your marketing efforts and ROI. Register today!