In the past couple of days, a small army of bloggers and journalists have indicated that they're heading for SES Chicago.
The Search Engine Watch staff will be there in force. This includes Rebecca Lieb, Vice President and Editor-in-Chief of the ClickZ Network; Kevin Ryan, Global content director for SearchEngineWatch.com and Search Engine Strategies; Kevin Heisler, Executive Editor of Search Engine Watch, and Kevin Newcomb, Search Engine Watch's daily news editor.
If you want to hold a press conference, just yell, “Hey, Kevin.”
Search Engine Watch Blog correspondents will also be there in force. This includes Michael Boland, who also writes for the Kelsey Group's Blogs; Eric Enge, who also writes Stone Temple's Ramblings About SEO Blog; Amanda Watlington, owner of Searching for Profit; Frank Watson, who moderates SEW's paid search forums as AussieWebmaster; Debby Richmond, who also writes for blog.collarity.com, and me.
We also plan to provide some post-SES analysis – after we've returned from the Windy City – and gotten a few hours of precious sleep.
Chris Boggs, who is also a correspondent for the Search Engine Watch Blog, is heading up Search Engine Roundtable's coverage of SES Chicago with help from SEM professional Justin Davy, Marty Weintraub of the aimClear Search Marketing Blog, and Steve Krull of The Krull Group. Together, they will be covering 37 sessions over four days.
I've said it before and I'll say it again: Search Engine Roundtable is the C-SPAN of SES.
Also heading to SES Chicago is CEO Daron Babin and the crew at WebmasterRadio.FM. It is the official radio network of the Search Engine Strategies conference series and the premier free, 24/7 Internet business radio network focused on the B2B marketplace.
Listen to the 2007 Search Engine Strategies Chicago Preview on your iPod while you workout, read your favorite weblogs, get a tattoo, whatever.
A big batch of bloggers will be speaking at SES Chicago. This includes:
• Tim Ash, SiteTuners.com Conversion Blog;
• Matt Bailey, SiteLogic's Marketing Logic Blog;
• Constantin Basturea, PR meets the WWW weblog;
• Dave Davies, Beanstalk's SEO News Blog;
• Fionn Downhill, View on the World of Internet Marketing;
• John du Pre Gauntt, eMarketer;
• Bryan Eisenberg, Future Now's GrokDotCom;
• Liana Evans, Search Marketing Gurus;
• Sally Falkow, Internet Marketing Strategy;
• Seth Godin, Seth's Blog;
• Andrew Goodman, Traffick;
• Mike Grehan, Mike Grehan says;
• Bill Hanekamp, The Well;
• Simon Heseltine, Search Engine Tigers;
• Tamera Kremer, Wildfire Strategic Marketing's 3i Blog;
• James Lamberti, comScore's Voices;
• Charles Laughlin, Kelsey Group Blogs;
• Jennifer Laycock, Search Engine Guide;
• Kevin Lee, ClickZ Experts;
• Sage Lewis, SageRock Web Marketing Blog;
• Jonathan Mendez, Optimize and Prophesize Blog;
• Mike Murray, Fathom SEO Search Engine Marketing Blog;
• Jack Myers, JackMyers.com;
• Todd Parsons, BuzzBlog;
• Gary Price, ResourceShelf;
• Jeffrey Rohrs, ExactTarget's The Four Rights;
• Jay Sears, ContextWeb Internet Advertising Blog;
• Brian A. Smith, Comparison Engines;
• Danny Sullivan, Search Engine Land;
• Shari Thurow, Search Engine Land;
• David Wallace, SearchRank Blog;
• Eric Ward, Link Moses; and
• Richard Zwicky, Enquisite Search Metrics Blog.
In addition, a large pack of journalists will be covering the event. This includes editors, reporters and bloggers for the following news media:
• BtoB Magazine,
• DIRECT Magazine,
• Electronic Retailer Media Group,
• Hispanic Marketing & Public Relations,
• Revenue – The Performance Marketing Standard,
• Search Engine Guide,
• Search Marketing Gurus,
• Search Marketing Standard Magazine,
• Smart Business Moves,
• Target Marketing Magazine,
• TopRank's Online Marketing Blog,
• Visibility Magazine, and
As you can see, both of the lists above are in alphabetical order. Hey, I'm a PR guy – and SES Chicago is a client. It seemed like the prudent thing to do.
In addition to the slew of bloggers and journalists listed above, David Dalka, a Chicago GSB MBA Alumni, Karl Ribas of the Karl Ribas.com Blog, and Dave Bascom of SEO.com's SEO Blog will be coming to SES Chicago. Carolyn Shelby of Cshel SEO and PR plans to drop by for some pre-SES Chicago “networking” at Kitty O'Shea's at the Hilton (on Congress).
Nevertheless, I've got this sixth sense that tells me I've missed someone else who will be blogging or reporting about the show. Let me apologize in advance. I'll be trying to keep tabs on the coverage of SES Chicago, so tap me on the shoulder in the press room and let me know where I can find your blog posts, Flickr photos, or YouTube videos.
Meet Your Favorite Search Engine Watch Contributors
Many of SEW's leading expert contributors will be at ClickZ Live, the new online and digital marketing event kicking off in New York (March 31-April 3). Hear from the likes of: Thom Craver, Josh Braaten, Lisa Barone, Simon Heseltine, Josh McCoy, Lisa Raehsler, Greg Jarboe, Dan Cristo, Joseph Kerschbaum, John Gagnon, Eric Enge and more!