Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- SES Wit and Wisdom: The Don of Marketing
If not yet the godfather of search marketing, he's definitely our HL Mencken. Brilliant, funny, brutally honest.
- SEMPO Brings Search Engines Together for Education
SEMPO, the Search Engine Marketing Professional Organization, is bringing representatives from Google, Yahoo, and Microsoft to its annual meeting for a round-robin discussion of each company's latest issues and initiatives.
- Google Makes Paid Link Guidelines Crystal Clear
Today in both the Webmaster Central blog and on Matt Cutts' personal blog, the topic of paid links is discussed in detail.
- Can Better Tools Make Up for Less Traffic for Microsoft?
Microsoft is hoping that new tools it's launching today at Search Engine Strategies Chicago will allow advertisers and webmasters to make the most of limited traffic.
- Online Information Show this Week in London
While many search marketers in the U.S. are headed to Chicago or Las Vegas this week, our UK readers should not feel left out.
- SEW Experts: How Google, Yahoo Content Ad Matching Really Works
If you think you know how Google and Yahoo perform content ad matching, you may be surprised.
- SEW Experts: SEM Mentors: The Apprentice
The search marketing industry needs to take responsibility in solving the search marketing staffing crisis, like this SEM apprentice turned mentor.
- SES: 4 Best SEO panels picked by SEW Expert Jackson
Search Engine Watch Expert Mark Jackson recommends his top 4 must-see SEO panels at Search Engine Strategies Chicago.
- SES Chicago is attracting a crowd of bloggers and journalists
In the past couple of days, a small army of bloggers and journalists have indicated that they're heading for SES Chicago.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- TurnHere to Create Local Business Videos for Superpages, ClickZ
- ComScore Study Reinforces Online Reviews' Impact on Offline Sales, ClickZ
- The Big SEO Learning Curve, ClickZ
- The New Digital Altruism, ClickZ
- Google Bans Ads For (Most) Paid Links Marketplaces, Google Blogoscoped
- JotSpot to Spawn Google Sites - Can it Make Intranet CMS Dinosaurs Extinct?, Read/Write Web
- Latest Yahoo Org Changes: Scott Moore Adds Entertainment, Broady Out; LMC Splitting Up, paidContent
- Internet Ad Spend Set To Overtake Radio In '08, Magazines By 2010: Report, paidContent
- Why Google is bidding in the 700MHz wireless spectrum auction, Don Dodge
- SES Chicago: Catering to Clients both Big & Small, Online Marketing Blog
- SES Chicago: Traveling Locally To Ensure Clients Are Found Universally, Online Marketing Blog
- Admission of Guilt Will No Longer Be Required For Google Reconsideration Request, SEO Scoop
- Less PageRank Floating Around In SEO Niche, SEO Scoop
- Foosball at SES Chicago!, Stone Temple Consulting
- 4 Web Analytics Tips for SEM, Search Marketing Gurus
- Facebook's Chamath Palihapitiya Keynote at SES Local/ILM:07, Search Marketing Gurus
- Local Keyword Research Laying the Foundation for Success at SES Local/ILM:07, Search Marketing Gurus
The Original Search Marketing Event is Back!
SES Denver (Oct 16) offers an intense day of learning all the critical aspects of search engine optimization (SEO) and paid search advertising (PPC). The mission of SES remains the same as it did from the start - to help you master being found on search engines. Early Bird rates available through Sept 12. Register today!