Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- Google Launches Local PlusBox
The Local PlusBox appears as a plus sign and hotlink to a Google Map appearing after an AdWords ad in the top position.
- Big Site, Big Search at SES Chicago
This unique session at SES Chicago explored the role and shape of search marketing in large and even global corporations.
- Top 10 stories from SES Chicago – Day 1
It's only Day 1 at SES Chicago and there are already 40 stories coming out of the conference.
- SEW Experts: Choosing the Best Domains for Search Engine Visibility
What's in a name? Search engine visibility starts with buying the best domains.
- SEW Experts: SEMs Get 'No Respect' No More
At Search Engine Strategies Chicago, keynote speaker Don Shultz told search marketers in no uncertain terms that they need to start thinking differently about what they do.
- SEW Experts: Measuring Cyber Monday
Is it seasonality, or the effect of your SEO efforts?
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- Online Ad Spend to Continue Growth Through 2010, ClickZ
- Federated Media to Broker Ad Deals in Facebook Apps, ClickZ
- IAB, WAA: Different Audiences, Different Missions, ClickZ
- The Keys to the Mobile Kingdom, ClickZ
- Jimmy Wales on the role of Wikipedia in society, Information World Review
- Secret mailing list rocks Wikipedia, The Register
- Live Search Conference Coverage 2007: SES Chicago Day One, Search Engine Land
- Honk If You Loved Your Web Site Experience, Cre8pc
- Is Result Diversity Enough? Search Offers a Reflection of What?, SEO Book
- 12 Product Page Conversion Strategies That Shant Be Ignored, Search Engine Guide
- A Slippery Slope: Google Owns a Search Engine Optimization Company, Search Engine Guide
- 5 Questions for Matt Creamer, SearchViews
- Bring back the Butler!, Alt Search Engines
- Are You A Canonical Fascist? Stand Tall!, SEO Speedwagon
- Adwords Impression Share Exact Match: Fact or Fiction?, SEM Geek
- Why PPC is Making Me Love SEO, AU Interactive
- Hiring a consultant? Use an audit to start., Market Motive
- Search and Display: Perfect Together, Yahoo Search Marketing Blog
- Silly Rabbit, Tricks are for Black Hat SEOs, Hubspot
- Matt Cutts of Google on Mission to Remove PageRank from Toolbar, Search Engine Roundtable
The Original Search Marketing Event is Back!
SES Denver (Oct 16) offers an intense day of learning all the critical aspects of search engine optimization (SEO) and paid search advertising (PPC). The mission of SES remains the same as it did from the start - to help you master being found on search engines. Early Bird rates available through Sept 12. Register today!