Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- Thoughts on Seth Godin's keynote at SES
Watching Seth on stage is like watching a nightclub entertainer. And it is entertaining.
- Who Holds the Keys to Video-Related Ads?
Nielsen will release a service enabling broadcasters and cable networks to control and make money from their online video distribution.
- SEW Experts: Always Rank No. 1 in Google: Custom Search
Implementing a Custom Search Engine won't change your organic search engine rankings. But it will give you the flexibility to make your listing the top result on every SERP when visitors conduct a search from your site.
- SEW Experts: SEM Brand Reputation Management
The cold harsh reality for those who have ever purchased traditional media is: it happens. How fast can you pull your ads?
- Top 10 stories from SES Chicago – Day 2
Looking through the 50+ news stories and blog posts from Tuesday, Dec. 4, here are the top 10 stories from SES Chicago on Day 2.
- Hitwise to launch paid and organic search tools
Hitwise has added several new features to its Search Intelligence product, including Paid and Organic and Fast Moving Search Terms data.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- Google's Armstrong Outlines Five-Year Plan for Offline Ad Sales, ClickZ News
- Europe Paves the Way for Global Web Ad Spending Growth, ClickZ News
- Hitwise Adds Paid and Organic Search Data, ClickZ News
- Adventures in Searchandising Part 1, ClickZ Experts
- E-Marketing Effectiveness: Think Lowest Common Denominator, ClickZ Experts
- Meatball Sundaes & the Smelly Old Guard, AimClear Blog
- The Unfiltered Reality of SES Chicago, AimClear Blog
- Eurekster Emerges From Beta A Different Product Than When It Started, Search Engine Land
- Search Conference Coverage 2007: SES Chicago Day Two & PubCon Vegas Day One, Search Engine Land
- Exclusive: Technorati Relaunches To Focus On Core Blogging Audience, TechCrunch
- Edit your photos! On Flickr!, Flickr Blog
- Yahoo Interviews: Jeff Weiner, EVP & Scott Moore; SVP: Super Mass vs. Super Niche, paidContent
- Zuckerberg Allows Facebook Users to Evade Beacon, NY Times
- MSN/Live Ponies Up About The Referrer Spam, SEO Scoop
Twitter Canada MD Kirstine Stewart to Keynote Toronto
ClickZ Live Toronto (May 14-16) is a new event addressing the rapidly changing landscape that digital marketers face. The agenda focuses on customer engagement and attaining maximum ROI through online marketing efforts across paid, owned & earned media. Register now and save!*
*Early Bird Rates expire April 17.