Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- Yahoo Adds Support for Page-Level Exclusion Tags for Non-HTML Docs
Yahoo is giving webmasters more control over page-level directives to its Slurp crawler for non-HTML files.
- Google Improves AdWords Troubleshooting
Google has upgraded its Ads Diagnostic Tool, a tool that allows AdWords advertisers to determine why their ads may not be showing on a given SERP.
- SEW Experts: A Convenient Truth: To Link Builders With Love
There's no doubt link building is a win-win. The only way to acquire relevant and meaningful links is to provide some value to the Internet community.
- SEW Experts: SEO.edu: Can You Learn SEO From a Book?
It's challenging to learn search marketing. Since the rules are made by the search engines and their algorithms, all we can do is try the tactics we learn from others and see what works and what doesn't.
- Podcast & Audio Search
Preparation was the name of the game at today's Search Engine Strategies Chicago “Podcast & Audio Search” session.
- Top 10 stories from SES Chicago – Day 3
It's Day 3 at Search Engine Strategies Chicago and it's getting hard to keep up with all the stories coming out of the conference and expo.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- Retailers Should Use Local Search to Snag Holiday Shoppers, ClickZ Experts
- Content Delivery Meets Social Marketing, ClickZ Experts
- 'Tis the Season to Be Social: Five Ways to Tap Into Social Shopping, ClickZ Experts
- Facebook Widgets Targeted by New Advertising.com Program, ClickZ News
- Search Conference Coverage 2007: SES Chicago Day Three & PubCon Vegas Day Two, Search Engine Land
- Implicit on my mind, Yahoo Next
- SES Chicago, Day 3 Coverage, Search Engine Strategies
- 5 Free Search Engine Optimization Tools Available Online, Search Engine Journal
- Using Social Profile Pages To Your Advantage, SEO Scoop
- Google Poisoning, SEO Speedwagon
- Using ALT attributes smartly, Webmaster Central Blog
- Keyword Expansion for Local Category Search, Local SEO Guide
The Original Search Marketing Event is Back!
SES Denver (Oct 16) offers an intense day of learning all the critical aspects of search engine optimization (SEO) and paid search advertising (PPC). The mission of SES remains the same as it did from the start - to help you master being found on search engines. Early Bird rates extended through Sept 19. Register today!