Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- It's All in the Links
According to Matt Cutts, it really doesn't make much difference to Google whether you choose subdomains or subdirectories for your site.
- The Human Equation: Giving Back Internet Style at SES Chicago
The World Wide Web has changed how we do everything, including (potentially) the way we give back to our community. But, what do nonprofit organizations look like in the Web 2.0 world?
- Online TV forecast sees huge growth ahead
New research by Informa Telecoms and MediaSome forecasts 38.4 million homes worldwide will receive TV via the Internet by 2012.
- SEW Experts: Search Engines, Silos, SES Solutions
Not long ago, it was easier to justify the existence of disparate marketing functions, each working within its own domain. Today, consumers move between touch points with ease and expect consistent and meaningful messages to be delivered on their terms.
- SEW Experts: Content Advertising Best Practices in Action
In previous columns, David Szetela advocated turning off your content ad campaigns. Now he puts together all of the best practices he's shared in an example of a campaign that will finally perform, equipping you to turn your new and improved content campaigns back on.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- Conference Coverage Recap: SES Chicago & PubCon Vegas 2007, Search Engine Roundtable
- 2008 Outlook: No Sign of a Cooldown in Local Online Ads, ClickZ News
- Search-Engine-Friendly Content Management, ClickZ Experts
- Questions for Frazier Miller, General Manager of Yahoo Local, ClickZ Features
- Search Engine Results Pages Turn Into Destinations, ClickZ Stats
- Are Outdated Policies Squashing Your Brand Evangelists?, Search Engine Guide
- LinkedIn Announcement: The Good News and The Bad, Read/Write Web
- Link Value Factors, Wiep.net
- A Three-Part Primer on Search Spam, Mike Moran
- Live Search survey hints at upcoming changes, LiveSide.net
- Understanding Bids and Budgets, Yahoo Search Marketing Blog
- Google Local Symposium: Listen Carefully, It is Google, The Local Onliner
- B2B Search Marketing: What to Do When Abandonment Rates Continue to be High, B2B SEO
- Anchor Intelligence To Audit Click Fraud, TechCrunch
- An On-page Optimization SEO Checklist, SEO Theory
- Collarity and the Implicit Social Graph, Collarity Blog
- Librarians on Social Networking, Resource Blog
Twitter Canada MD Kirstine Stewart to Keynote Toronto
ClickZ Live Toronto (May 14-16) is a new event addressing the rapidly changing landscape that digital marketers face. The agenda focuses on customer engagement and attaining maximum ROI through online marketing efforts across paid, owned & earned media. Register now and save!