Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- Interview with Microsoft's Grad Conn
A detailed look at the unique nature of Health Related searches.
- SEW Experts: Social Media for SEM Savvy Small Biz Owners
Social media campaigns and traffic generally have lower conversion rates -- especially from sites like Digg, StumbleUpon, and Reddit. A huge percentage of visitors from those sites will never buy anything. The challenge, then, is monetizing the traffic.
- SEW Experts: What's in a (Domain) Name? Take 2
As much as some people would like to have the industry more regulated and standardized, SEO is both art and science. The art part includes opinion.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- AOL's Platform A Combines Tacoda, Network Sales Forces, ClickZ News
- Clearspring Unveils Widget Ad Network, ClickZ News
- MSN Adds Display Inventory to Mobile Portal, ClickZ News
- Web Analytics 2007: Tools Diversify, Vendors Consolidate, ClickZ Experts
- Search Engine Strategies is Alive and Well, Metamend SEO Blog
- PageRank wrecked the web, Rich Skrenta
- Google Patent on Anchor Text and Different Crawling Rates, SEO by the Sea
- Internal linking technical tips for SEO, SEO Theory
- B2B Search Marketing: Lose the Lingo, Remember the Buyer, B2B SEO
- Hide and Speak: Letting the Spiders Back in to Bento Yum, Search Engine Guide
Upcoming Webinar: PPC Pause and Reflections for 2013
Thursday, December 12 - 2013 was a major turning point in search advertising. With Google's Enhanced Campaigns and Bing's innovative Smart Search capabilities in Windows 8.1, now is a great time to pause, reflect, and plan for the new year. Webinar attendance is free. Sign up today!