Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- Interview with Microsoft's Grad Conn
A detailed look at the unique nature of Health Related searches.
- SEW Experts: Social Media for SEM Savvy Small Biz Owners
Social media campaigns and traffic generally have lower conversion rates -- especially from sites like Digg, StumbleUpon, and Reddit. A huge percentage of visitors from those sites will never buy anything. The challenge, then, is monetizing the traffic.
- SEW Experts: What's in a (Domain) Name? Take 2
As much as some people would like to have the industry more regulated and standardized, SEO is both art and science. The art part includes opinion.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- AOL's Platform A Combines Tacoda, Network Sales Forces, ClickZ News
- Clearspring Unveils Widget Ad Network, ClickZ News
- MSN Adds Display Inventory to Mobile Portal, ClickZ News
- Web Analytics 2007: Tools Diversify, Vendors Consolidate, ClickZ Experts
- Search Engine Strategies is Alive and Well, Metamend SEO Blog
- PageRank wrecked the web, Rich Skrenta
- Google Patent on Anchor Text and Different Crawling Rates, SEO by the Sea
- Internal linking technical tips for SEO, SEO Theory
- B2B Search Marketing: Lose the Lingo, Remember the Buyer, B2B SEO
- Hide and Speak: Letting the Spiders Back in to Bento Yum, Search Engine Guide
The Original Search Marketing Event is Back!
SES Denver (Oct 16) offers an intense day of learning all the critical aspects of search engine optimization (SEO) and paid search advertising (PPC). The mission of SES remains the same as it did from the start - to help you master being found on search engines. Early Bird rates extended through Sept 19. Register today!