Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- Putting the "Social" in Social Media Marketing
Reaching out to bloggers and building a relationship with them can go a long way in improving your social media efforts, your search ranking, and your overall marketing plan.
- Newsknife ranks top news sites in Google News for 2007
Newsknife has just produced a ranking of the Top News Sites of 2007, based on its study of the listings of over 3,800 news sites in Google News through the past year.
- Google Mobile Search G-Force: Android Trojan Horse?
Is the Google Android software stack Google's gift to the telcos, or a Trojan Horse?
- AdWords Editor 5.0 Having Problems
Seems there are some minor install problems with the latest version of AdWords Editor.
- Microsoft Acquires UK Mapping Provider
Microsoft significantly expanded its mapping capabilities in Europe with the acquisition of Multimap.
- CSI Google Could Be New TV Show
Seems a Google satellite camera may help with information in a murder investigation in Australia.
- Yahoo Finance Partners With CNBC
In another move geared toward building their niched portal/community efforts, Yahoo has partnered with CNBC to increase the information available at Yahoo Finance.
- Facebook Applications and Promoting Your Site
One of the interesting frontiers in the market today is the role that widgets and/or Facebook Applications (and soon OpenSocial applications) can play in your overall marketing strategy.
- SEW Experts: SEO Hell, a CMS Production
Large scale Web sites with a content management system (CMS) face different SEO problems than smaller Web sites.
- SEW Experts: Google Mobile Search Gamble: Everybody Wins?
If you had billions of dollars lying around, what would you do with it? Google has billions, and has turned its attention to the upcoming FCC auction for Spectrum 700-MHz.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- Ad Council Goes Social Route to Prevent High School Dropouts, ClickZ News
- Internet Ad Spend Remains Strong; Other Media Show Weakness, ClickZ News
- Google Expands YouTube Ad Partner Program, ClickZ News
- Microsoft to Sell Ads on CNBC.com, ClickZ News
- Hidden Gems in Google Webmaster Tools, Part 2, ClickZ Experts
- Facebook Fallout: Balancing Innovation, Information Use, ClickZ Experts
- How Changes to the Way Google Handles Subdomains Impact SEO, Search Engine Land
- LinkedIn Opens To Developers; So Does Friendster, paidContent
- Search is a tactile art., Think About Search
- Stupid Black Hat Discussions, John Andrews
Introducing SES Online
Want to view one of the sessions you missed or listen to an especially informative presenter a second time? SES New York sessions are available for purchase on ClickZ Academy's new e-Learning site. SES is now Online!