Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- What's Old Is New Again
There's a hot new ad unit that all the search marketers are talking about: banner ads.
- SEW Experts: Link Building: DIY In-House vs. Outsourced
A white hot debate started last week when Justilien Gaspard presented five reasons to take link building in-house.
- SEW Experts: Brand Strategies for Search Marketing - Part 3
Eric Qualman explores the intricacies of the ongoing maintenance/optimization of your brand search terms.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- Congressman Laments Cold Shoulder from Google, ClickZ News
- Mobile Firm Aims to Capture Off-Deck Ad Dollars, ClickZ News
- Compete to Provide Competitive Search Analytics, ClickZ News
- A Small Business Year-End Web Site Checklist, Search Engine Land
- Google-DoubleClick Merger Encounters More Setbacks On Capitol Hill, paidContent
- Scoop: Google Analytics Updates - Compare Data Points, Marketing Pilgrim
- Google Answers to Relaunch as Google Q&A, Google Operating System
- Highlights from the Search: 2010 Webinar, Out of My Gord
- 7 Ways Your Page May Be Described in the SERPs, High Rankings Advisor
- What Social Media Isn't - 10 Misconceptions, Search Marketing Gurus
- Farewell Onsite Advertiser Sign-up, Inside AdSense
Meet Your Favorite Search Engine Watch Contributors
Many of SEW's leading expert contributors will be at ClickZ Live, the new online and digital marketing event kicking off in New York (March 31-April 3). Hear from the likes of: Thom Craver, Josh Braaten, Lisa Barone, Simon Heseltine, Josh McCoy, Lisa Raehsler, Greg Jarboe, Dan Cristo, Joseph Kerschbaum, John Gagnon, Eric Enge and more!