Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- AdSense Introduces Ad Review Center
Google has added the ability for publishers to preview the ads that will run on their sites and to block those they don't want to appear.
- 'Knol' - Google Unit of Knowledge - Expert Authors Gathering
Seems Google has turned its eyes on the Wikipedia space and has a spin that may get a lot of attention from knowledgeable authors.
- SEW Experts: Online Video Finds Local Search
How should local business and national advertisers selling locally think about incorporating video and video search into their ad arsenals?
- SEW Experts: Local Search Lead Gen: Yellowpages.com Ingenio-us Strategy
Late last month, AT&T purchased pay-per-call search platform and advertising network Ingenio. What does this mean for AT&T Yellow Pages and, more importantly, Yellowpages.com?
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- Privacy Hounds Up Ante on Google/DoubleClick Deal, ClickZ News
- Top 10 Reasons to Double Your Search Budget for '08, ClickZ Experts
- How to Embrace Multichannel Behavior, ClickZ Experts
- Interview: Jeremy Allaire, CEO, Brightcove: We Made Multiple Bets, and The Platform Side Won, paidContent
- Competitive Search Engine Optimization, Bruce Clay blog
- 'Point and Shop' With Nokia, Local Mobile Search
- Should All These Searches Be Forgotten?, Search Engine Land
- Path Intelligence Monitors Foot Traffic in Retail Stores By Pinging People's Phones, TechCrunch
- Paid Links are Bad... No, Good... No, Bad..., SoloSEO
- Will Google Replace Some Ads with Organic Search Results?, SearchViews
- Running a stumble viral marketing campaign, Venture Skills
- Google goes Black Hat with Doorway Page Program, John Andrews
- Mobile Ad Forecasts Too Rosy?, Local Mobile Search
- Google Trends Works For SEO, Local SEO Guide
- 7 Ways to Use Google Knol, Small Business SEM
- Web Site Usability Developers Have No Idea What They're Doing, Cre8pc
SES Denver (Oct 16) offers an intense day of learning all the critical aspects of search engine optimization (SEO) and paid search advertising (PPC). The mission of SES remains the same as it did from the start - to help you master being found on search engines. Early Bird rates available through Sept 12. Register today!