Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- Who's Google Taking On with Knols?
It seems Google's goal with Knol is to take back some of the traffic that Wikipedia is getting from Google searches
- Is Google The Borg or Big Brother
Google is growing and the question of whether or not it has become too invasive (or persuasive) is one that needs to be answered now.
- Sep Kamvar Discusses Personalization
According to Google's engineering lead for personalization, the personalization algorithms currently in use by Google currently use two signals: search history and location.
- SEW Experts: Search Marketing Skills: Tips, No Tricks
What are the most important skills needed to break into the search business?
- SEW Experts: B2B Marketing, Road Rules for Content Advertising
B2B marketing is tough. B2B search marketing is even tougher. The most challenging form of B2B marketing, without a question, is content advertising.
- AdSense Ad Review: Good for Advertisers?
AdSense publishers will be able to view ads that advertisers have directed to their sites via Placement Targeting, and choose to block ads they don't feel are "relevant" to their site visitors.
- Still Tough To Find Videos!
Despite all the search options available, only 33% of consumers find videos to watch through search engines.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- Let's Talk About Links, ClickZ Experts
- Politics and Search Engine Position, ClickZ Experts
- Medio Takes Mobile Search Ad Network to U.K. and Europe, ClickZ News
- Firm Trades Public Relations for SEO, ClickZ News
- Top 9 Things Customers Don't Care About- From A Gen Y-er's Point Of View, Active Rain
- Anatomy & Optimization Of A Local Business Profile, Search Engine Land
- You Can't Compete With the Big Guys? You Sure About That?, Search Engine Guide
- Changing What You Want to Get Out of Social Media, Search Engine Guide
- 11 Steps to Successful SEO for Your Business, Search Engine Guide
- SES in the New Year; New York, London and Everywhere Else, Search Engine Strategies Blog
- Semantic and Personalized Search are Fool's Gold, Alt Search Engines
- Jimmy Wales Responds, Battelle's SearchBlog
- Why Are Companies Giving Up On SEO and Forcing SEM?, SEM Geek
- Tracking URLs that pass link juice, Dixon Jones
- Google Knol: Competitors Respond & Time To Limit The Aggregators?, Search Engine Land
The Original Search Marketing Event is Back!
SES Denver (Oct 16) offers an intense day of learning all the critical aspects of search engine optimization (SEO) and paid search advertising (PPC). The mission of SES remains the same as it did from the start - to help you master being found on search engines. Register today!