Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- Google Listening To SEW Blog? Offers Video Sitemaps
A few days ago SEW Blogger Deborah Richman wrote an article about how tough it was to find videos through the search engines. Yesterday Google announced it now offers Video Sitemaps. Coincidence? Maybe.
- Microsoft adCenter Offering Affiliate Program
adCenter will pay a bounty for each new advertiser people bring to the Microsoft PPC program.
- Matt Cutts Video on ALT attributes
Matt Cutts has posted a new video about ALT tags in images, outlining the basics about how they should be used, and why they are helpful.
- SEW Experts: SEO Conversion Testing: Advanced Search Engine Optimization
The C-level executive doesn't often understand A/B Web site optimization. What do you do, then, when the CxO asks you to explain it?
- SEW Experts: Search Marketing on the Efficient Frontier
Microsoft bought Avenue A | Razorfish and Atlas Search. Google, buying Performics. Where does that leave Efficient Frontier?
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- IAB Forecast Affirms Ad Spend Momentum Fueled by Europe, ClickZ News
- Future of Online Advertising in Flux, ClickZ Experts
- How Can Small Business Compete in a Highly Competitive Paid Search (PPC) Market?, Search Engine Guide
- Can Search Usage Predict Election Outcomes?, Yahoo Search Blog
- GOOG-411 isn't what you think, Googling Google
- Calls For An Internet Upfront Appear 'Overstated', paidContent
- What Google Knols Can Teach You About Google's Philosophy, Graywolf's SEO Blog
- What Google Knols Can Teach You About Google's Philosophy, LiveSide.net
- Can Blogs Do Journalism?, Publishing 2.0
The Original Search Marketing Event is Back!
SES Denver (Oct 16) offers an intense day of learning all the critical aspects of search engine optimization (SEO) and paid search advertising (PPC). The mission of SES remains the same as it did from the start - to help you master being found on search engines. Register today!