Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- Google's Feed Indexing Policy
Google is officially not going to index any feeds, with the exception of multimedia feeds such as podcast feeds.
- Shopping Search Engine Providing Online Safety Tips
Sortprice - a price comparison search engine - is doing its part this holiday season with a guide to safely purchasing online without falling victim to identity theft.
- Microsoft Cofounder Paul Allen Bidding Against Google For WiFi Access
Allen heads an investment company called Vulcan Capital and is a majority shareholder in U.S. cable operator Charter Communications.
- SEW Experts: Large Enterprise SEO: Content Development
SEO for Large Enterprises means content development on a massive scale.
- SEW Experts: Yahoo, Facebook, Life and Death
The holiday season is a time for sharing, spending time with family, and the time for writers everywhere to hopelessly pontificate about the coming year.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- Adventures in Searchandising, Part 2, ClickZ Experts
- Product Research Through Social Networks, ClickZ Experts
- Environmental Group Uses Google Grants to Target Iowa Voters, ClickZ News
- Paid Search Planning: Do You Really Know Your Customers & Your Market?, Search Engine Land
- The People Inside Google's Black Box, NY Times Bits
- Forced Verticals: You Are Not Spam if You Are the Only Option Available, SEO Book
- Is This the 11th Hour for Thin Affiliate Sites, Graywolf's SEO Blog
- Is The Mainstream Media Hurting or Helping The Search Industry?, SEM Geek
- Local & Social Media Predictions for 2008, Praized
- Finally, a Twitter Measurement Tool that works, Jeremiah Owyang
Introducing... ClickZ Live!
SES Conference & Expo has merged with ClickZ to bring you ClickZ Live! The new global conference series takes on the identity of the industry's premier digital marketing publication, ClickZ.com, and kicks off March 31-April 3 in New York City. Join the industry's leading tech-advertisers in the advertising capital of the world! Find out more ››
*Super Saver Rates expire Jan 24.