Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- Google's Feed Indexing Policy
Google is officially not going to index any feeds, with the exception of multimedia feeds such as podcast feeds.
- Shopping Search Engine Providing Online Safety Tips
Sortprice - a price comparison search engine - is doing its part this holiday season with a guide to safely purchasing online without falling victim to identity theft.
- Microsoft Cofounder Paul Allen Bidding Against Google For WiFi Access
Allen heads an investment company called Vulcan Capital and is a majority shareholder in U.S. cable operator Charter Communications.
- SEW Experts: Large Enterprise SEO: Content Development
SEO for Large Enterprises means content development on a massive scale.
- SEW Experts: Yahoo, Facebook, Life and Death
The holiday season is a time for sharing, spending time with family, and the time for writers everywhere to hopelessly pontificate about the coming year.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- Adventures in Searchandising, Part 2, ClickZ Experts
- Product Research Through Social Networks, ClickZ Experts
- Environmental Group Uses Google Grants to Target Iowa Voters, ClickZ News
- Paid Search Planning: Do You Really Know Your Customers & Your Market?, Search Engine Land
- The People Inside Google's Black Box, NY Times Bits
- Forced Verticals: You Are Not Spam if You Are the Only Option Available, SEO Book
- Is This the 11th Hour for Thin Affiliate Sites, Graywolf's SEO Blog
- Is The Mainstream Media Hurting or Helping The Search Industry?, SEM Geek
- Local & Social Media Predictions for 2008, Praized
- Finally, a Twitter Measurement Tool that works, Jeremiah Owyang
Twitter Canada MD Kirstine Stewart to Keynote Toronto
ClickZ Live Toronto (May 14-16) is a new event addressing the rapidly changing landscape that digital marketers face. The agenda focuses on customer engagement and attaining maximum ROI through online marketing efforts across paid, owned & earned media. Register now and save!