Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- FTC approves Google's acquisition of DoubleClick
The FTC's investigation focused on antitrust issues, and in its clearance opinion released today, explicitly rejected any current or potential competition concerns.
- Search Engine Visibility and Crawlability of Dynamic Sites
Huge databases that generate Web site content on the fly can be the bane of search engine spiders' existence.
- IBM introduces free smart email search software
While search engines still can't help you find your missing car keys, prescription glasses or remote control, IBM Research has invented a “smart” email search solution that can figure out what you are trying to find, even when you aren't so sure yourself.
- SEW Experts: Link Building Case Study: Santa Claus
Is Santa Claus a savvy Web marketer?
- SEW Experts: SEO.edu: Can You Learn SEO From a Book? - Part 2
The general consensus from the SEO community and Search Engine Watch readers: learning SEO solely from a book doesn't cut it.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- Local Search: The Rodney Dangerfield of Online Marketing, ClickZ Experts
- Take Social Networking a Step Further, ClickZ Experts
- AT&T Goes Nationwide with Ad-Supported Directory Assist, ClickZ News
- Google & Human Quality Reviews: Old News Returns, Search Engine Land
- SEO Is Not An Option, It's A Requirement!, Search Engine Land
- List of Regional Search and Interactive Marketing Associations, Online Marketing Blog
- 5 Typical Website Obstacles, SiteLogic
- Ten Paid Link Strategies Approved by Matt, Marketing Pilgrim
- Top 10 Most Influential Blog Posts for 2007, Cape Cod SEO
Introducing SES Online
Want to view one of the sessions you missed or listen to an especially informative presenter a second time? SES New York sessions are available for purchase on ClickZ Academy's new e-Learning site. SES is now Online!