Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- FTC approves Google's acquisition of DoubleClick
The FTC's investigation focused on antitrust issues, and in its clearance opinion released today, explicitly rejected any current or potential competition concerns.
- Search Engine Visibility and Crawlability of Dynamic Sites
Huge databases that generate Web site content on the fly can be the bane of search engine spiders' existence.
- IBM introduces free smart email search software
While search engines still can't help you find your missing car keys, prescription glasses or remote control, IBM Research has invented a “smart” email search solution that can figure out what you are trying to find, even when you aren't so sure yourself.
- SEW Experts: Link Building Case Study: Santa Claus
Is Santa Claus a savvy Web marketer?
- SEW Experts: SEO.edu: Can You Learn SEO From a Book? - Part 2
The general consensus from the SEO community and Search Engine Watch readers: learning SEO solely from a book doesn't cut it.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- Local Search: The Rodney Dangerfield of Online Marketing, ClickZ Experts
- Take Social Networking a Step Further, ClickZ Experts
- AT&T Goes Nationwide with Ad-Supported Directory Assist, ClickZ News
- Google & Human Quality Reviews: Old News Returns, Search Engine Land
- SEO Is Not An Option, It's A Requirement!, Search Engine Land
- List of Regional Search and Interactive Marketing Associations, Online Marketing Blog
- 5 Typical Website Obstacles, SiteLogic
- Ten Paid Link Strategies Approved by Matt, Marketing Pilgrim
- Top 10 Most Influential Blog Posts for 2007, Cape Cod SEO
The Original Search Marketing Event is Back!
SES Denver (Oct 16) offers an intense day of learning all the critical aspects of search engine optimization (SEO) and paid search advertising (PPC). The mission of SES remains the same as it did from the start - to help you master being found on search engines. Register today!