Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- Which Industries Really Like Sponsored Links
When advertising on destination sites, some industries prefer sponsored text links while others are less focused on them.
- AdSense Adds Newbie Central
In their ongoing efforts to help educate their users the Google AdSense team has added Newbie Central - "the complete resource center for newly approved AdSense publishers."
- Presidential Candidates in Need of SEO Help
There are glaring holes in search strategy on virtually all of the sites of major candidates and minor players on both sides of the aisle.
- SEW Experts: Vertical Search: B2B Survey Says ... Blazing Hot
A look at Convera's recently released Vertical Search Report.
- SEW Experts: 2008 Wish List: Search Engine Hangover Cures
The new year is always a time for looking forward, and while last week's column focused on the old, we kick off the year with a wish list for 2008.
- Network Neutrality
If the telcos succeed in violating network neutrality, it will blow up the web experience as we know it.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- Web Audience Measurement Clouds Build, Few Signs of Clearing in '08, ClickZ News
- Social Marketing in 2008: An Icarus Story?, ClickZ News
- Social Media: Window Dressing or Community Building?, ClickZ Experts
- Adventures in Searchandising, Part 3, ClickZ Experts
- Predictions 2008, John Battelle's SearchBlog
- Inside Information: Interviews With In-House Search Marketers - Part 2, Search Engine Land
- Why This Blog is a Failure, John Andrews
- Social Media Barnacles Will Slow You Down, Cornwall SEO
- When is a Link a Paid Link?, SEO Chicks
- Writing Effective PPC Ads Is All About Seeing The Big Picture, SEM Geek
- Ron Paul as America's First Long Tail Candidate, The Long Tail
- Marketing, broadcast, advertising to change forever in 2008, SEO and Tech Daily
- Knol & Personalized Page Rank: Incursions or Future Google SEM Essentials?, AimClear Blog
- Why 2008 will be all about blended search and not mobile, Locally Type
- Seven Optimization Approaches Google Killed Last Year, Search Engine Roundtable
The Original Search Marketing Event is Back!
SES Denver (Oct 16) offers an intense day of learning all the critical aspects of search engine optimization (SEO) and paid search advertising (PPC). The mission of SES remains the same as it did from the start - to help you master being found on search engines. Register today!