Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- InfoSpace Seeks Search Engine Market Share
Now that InfoSpace has cleared away other business lines and staff, they just re-committed to online search.
- SEW Experts: Google AdWords 101
The Internet is overflowing with high-level discussion of how to plan a search advertising campaign. But sometimes, a new advertiser needs to know the actual steps of setting up an AdWords campaign and look into the methodology of setting up ads and A/B testing.
- SEW Experts: Win the Right Search Marketing Clients
As a new search marketing firm, what kinds of clients will best fit your business?
- SEW Experts: New Search Engine Trends, Old SEO Troubles in 2007
With advances such a universal search and the explosion of social media, 2007 was quite a landmark year for search marketers. For all of its breakthroughs, a few bad habits still remain from years past.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- 2007 PPC Search Retrospective, ClickZ Experts
- The Year of the Disconnect, ClickZ Experts
- Behavioral Targeting Firms to Reassess Self-Regulation Rules, ClickZ News
- Introducing NonProfits on the Web and Cre8tive Tomorrow Forums, Cre8pc
- Social Media and Reputation, SiteLogic
- A Challenge for the Google Ph.D.'s : Explain THIS!, Johnon
- The Google algorithm isn't changing and hasn't gone awry, BlogStorm
- It's not a penalty if …, SEO Theory
- Beyond ALT Text: Making the Web Easy to Use for Users With Disabilities, Nielsen Norman Group
- Googlebot In Aisle Three: How Google Plans To Index The World?, Search Engine Land
The Original Search Marketing Event is Back!
SES Denver (Oct 16) offers an intense day of learning all the critical aspects of search engine optimization (SEO) and paid search advertising (PPC). The mission of SES remains the same as it did from the start - to help you master being found on search engines. Register today!