Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- Microsoft Offers $1.2 Billion For Norwegian Search Company
They may not have Google's market share but Microsoft does not seem to be stopping its acquisition of more properties in the search space.
- The Paid Search Presidential Primaries
In honor of today's New Hampshire primaries, we decided to hold our own Paid Search Presidential Primaries.
- Google Inks PPC Deal with ReachLocal for SMBs
Google's local reach rarely exceeds its grasp. Google signed a new partner that raises the stakes in local search and puts IYPs on alert.
- SEW Experts: Small Business SEM New Year's Resolutions
One of the big challenges to gaining search rankings and marketing yourself online is deciding "what's next."
- SEW Experts: There is no Guaranteed Search Engine Ranking
If a company ever finds a way to guarantee organic search engine rankings, that company will undoubtedly go public and have a market cap approaching that of Google's.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- The Google Fridge Giveaway, Dan Perry
- Ten Common Objections to Social Media Adoption and How You Can Respond, Read/Write Web
- The Lazysphere and the Decline of Deep Blogging, Micro Persuasion
- Yahoo Life Has Been A Long Time Coming, TechCrunch
- Bombshell: Google and Facebook Join DataPortability.org, Read/Write Web
- New Year's Resolutions For Your PPC Campaigns, Search Engine Land
- MSN Talks Webmaster Tools, WebProNews
- GlobalThoughtz is Released, SEO-space
- The AdWords Content Network - Better Than Ever, PPC Discussions
- Big Company Search Marketing, Mike Moran
- Local Media Issues to Watch in 2008, Local Media in a Web 2.0 World
- The flow of information at the Googleplex, Google Blog
- Never, Ever, Pay For Traffic, Market Motive
- Stomp the Google AdWords Expanded Broad Match Problem, Clix Marketing PPC Blog
- Yahoo's David Filo on Yahoo, Joe Duck
What's New for 2015?
You spoke, we listened! ClickZ Live New York (Mar 30-Apr 1) is back with a brand new streamlined agenda. Don't miss the latest digital marketing tips, tricks and tools that will make you re-think your strategy and revolutionize your marketing campaigns. Super Saver Rates are available now. Register today!