Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- Microsoft Offers $1.2 Billion For Norwegian Search Company
They may not have Google's market share but Microsoft does not seem to be stopping its acquisition of more properties in the search space.
- The Paid Search Presidential Primaries
In honor of today's New Hampshire primaries, we decided to hold our own Paid Search Presidential Primaries.
- Google Inks PPC Deal with ReachLocal for SMBs
Google's local reach rarely exceeds its grasp. Google signed a new partner that raises the stakes in local search and puts IYPs on alert.
- SEW Experts: Small Business SEM New Year's Resolutions
One of the big challenges to gaining search rankings and marketing yourself online is deciding "what's next."
- SEW Experts: There is no Guaranteed Search Engine Ranking
If a company ever finds a way to guarantee organic search engine rankings, that company will undoubtedly go public and have a market cap approaching that of Google's.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- The Google Fridge Giveaway, Dan Perry
- Ten Common Objections to Social Media Adoption and How You Can Respond, Read/Write Web
- The Lazysphere and the Decline of Deep Blogging, Micro Persuasion
- Yahoo Life Has Been A Long Time Coming, TechCrunch
- Bombshell: Google and Facebook Join DataPortability.org, Read/Write Web
- New Year's Resolutions For Your PPC Campaigns, Search Engine Land
- MSN Talks Webmaster Tools, WebProNews
- GlobalThoughtz is Released, SEO-space
- The AdWords Content Network - Better Than Ever, PPC Discussions
- Big Company Search Marketing, Mike Moran
- Local Media Issues to Watch in 2008, Local Media in a Web 2.0 World
- The flow of information at the Googleplex, Google Blog
- Never, Ever, Pay For Traffic, Market Motive
- Stomp the Google AdWords Expanded Broad Match Problem, Clix Marketing PPC Blog
- Yahoo's David Filo on Yahoo, Joe Duck
The Original Search Marketing Event is Back!
SES Denver (Oct 16) offers an intense day of learning all the critical aspects of search engine optimization (SEO) and paid search advertising (PPC). The mission of SES remains the same as it did from the start - to help you master being found on search engines. Early Bird rates available through Sept 12. Register today!