Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- Choose your Racecourse at SES London
They say that every horse has an ideal course they like to run. Greg Jarboe outlines the various tracks available to the many kinds of search marketing horses at SES London, coming in February.
- Pew survey finds increased use of video-sharing sites
The Pew Internet & American Life Project has just released a new report which has found that 48% of Internet users have been to video-sharing sites such as YouTube and the daily traffic to such sites on a typical day has doubled in the past year.
- What's Next for Terry Semel?
When Terry Semel joined Yahoo as chairman and CEO in May 2001, he left behind the investment firm he started, Windsor Media. According to a report from paidContent.org, Semel is reviving that company, and taking some Yahoos with him.
- SEW Experts: Local Search Revelations
News flash: people buy stuff on the Internet. It's too bad people still buy a lot more stuff anywhere but on the Internet.
- SEW Experts: What's Your Link Building Marketing Mix?
Do you have a linkbuilding plan that can be integrated into your comprehensive marketing strategy?
- Microsoft adCenter Add-in for Excel - Keyword Research Gold
The free tool, still in beta, is a culmination of research conducted at their Pac Rim adLab.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- Microsoft's Bid for FAST Could Lead to Ad Deals, ClickZ News
- Webmaster Tool Wish List for 2008, ClickZ Experts
- Where SEO Belongs In The Web Site Development Cycle, Search Engine Land
- Google Maps Making Inroads Against Leader, Mapquest, Hitwise Intelligence
- The SEO Success Pyramid, Small Business SEM
- SEOs must Coordinate with Designers too, Ramblings About SEO
- Are You a White Hat or Black Hat Web Analyst?, Search Marketing Gurus
- Stop Words Are Dead! Did I Miss Another Memo?, SEO Fast Start
- Microsoft's acquisitions chief leaving the company, Todd Bishop
- 3 Tips for In-House Search Engine Marketers, John W Ellis
The Original Search Marketing Event is Back!
SES Denver (Oct 16) offers an intense day of learning all the critical aspects of search engine optimization (SEO) and paid search advertising (PPC). The mission of SES remains the same as it did from the start - to help you master being found on search engines. Early Bird rates extended through Sept 19. Register today!