Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- Search Marketing Makes an Attractive Career
A position as an in-house search marketer is not necessarily a quick path to riches, but it's worth considering, according to a new survey from SEMPO.
- Google Entertains Real Estate Industry At NYC Offices
The Real Estate Connect conference is in New York this week and participants were invited to hang out at Google HQ East last night.
- Will Newspapers Compete with SEOs and SEMs?
The Kelsey Group analysts get Search. Today their analyst team published 2008 Local Search trends and developments.
- YouKu.com: Online Video-Sharing Strong in China
The site has seen a 20-fold increase in its daily video views and daily unique visitors since its formal launch in December 2006.
- Ask Shuffles Management
Jim Lanzone, CEO of Ask.com since April 2006, has left the company to serve as an entrepreneur-in-residence at a venture capital firm.
- SEW Experts: Top 5 SEO and Link Building Challenges for 2008
Google's public attack on paid links has caused a flood of scared Webmasters who are scared to link to other sites.
- SEW Experts: Free Big Brand Marketing and Other Facebook Problems
Even successful third-party applications don't generate a dime for Facebook, leaving the social platform cut out of the revenue loop.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- Pew: Video Sharing Sites Go Mainstream, ClickZ
- Kelsey Analysts Predict, The Kelsey Group
- Semantic Web: What Is The Killer App?, Read/Write Web
- Deconstructing real Google searches - why Powerset matters, Software Abstractions
- Local SEO 2008 Predictions, Local SEO Guide
- Rules for Making Predictions, Bronte Media
- How to Spot Trends and Give Yourself an Edge, SmallFuel Marketing
- The Great Link Building Mystery Unplugged, SEO Theory
- A Search Product CEO - Necessary To Win The Search Engine Game?, Search Engine Land
The Original Search Marketing Event is Back!
SES Denver (Oct 16) offers an intense day of learning all the critical aspects of search engine optimization (SEO) and paid search advertising (PPC). The mission of SES remains the same as it did from the start - to help you master being found on search engines. Early Bird rates available through Sept 12. Register today!