Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- SEMPO State of the Search Marketing Industry Survey Now Open
SEMPO is once again gathering feedback from search marketers for its annual State of the Search Marketing Industry Survey.
- Google American Idol: Competition For AdWords Local Search Talent
Search marketing firms and in-house teams often have a hard time finding qualified PPC employees. Now Google may change all that by challenging students all over the world to compete with others in an AdWords marketing competition.
- SEW Experts: Search Doesn't Matter
Is Google the Microsoft of the new millennium? Does search matter the way IT did four years ago?
- SEW Experts: What's Your Link Building Marketing Mix? - Part 2
You've probably heard about Google's war on paid links. In a nutshell, Google banned paid links; and SEOs split in two camps over the move. What's a CMO to do?
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- The Wonderful World of Widgets, ClickZ Experts
- Making Social Media Work in 2008, ClickZ Experts
- Romney Camp Stakes Out Web Ad Innovations in Primary Run. ClickZ News
- Why You Should Reveal SEO Secrets To Clients, Search Engine Land
- The vital non-search part of search, Think About Search
- Maturity is Knowing You're not All That, John Andrews
- 10 Surefire Signs an IT Fiefdom Is Ruling Your Marketing Roost, aimClear
- Creating Passionate Readers, Skelliewag
- Google Analytics 101 (Part 1), Inside AdWords
- Sitemaps FAQs, Webmaster Central Blog
- Is Google Filtering Reviews or Reviewers?, Convert Offline
- Measuring Conversion, Endless Plain
- 6 Easy Ways To Get Eaten By the GOOG Monster, Performancing
The Original Search Marketing Event is Back!
SES Denver (Oct 16) offers an intense day of learning all the critical aspects of search engine optimization (SEO) and paid search advertising (PPC). The mission of SES remains the same as it did from the start - to help you master being found on search engines. Register today!