Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- Is Google Having Severe Growing Pains?
Seems our favorite nine-year old is having severe growing pains lately. And fellow relatives, we are all being impacted by the growth spurts lately.
- Searchable Social Media and Adding to the Global Conversation
Rising Voices, a citizen media outreach initiative of the Global Voices, has just released the first of a series of planned guides, An Introduction to Citizen Media.
- Google.org Reveals Five Focus Areas
Google's philanthropic arm, Google.org, today announced the five core initiatives that it plans to focus on over the next five to ten years.
- Measure Blog Success without Spending a Fortune
20 outstanding blog analytics tools that won't break the bank.
- Selling CEOs on Search Engine Marketing
What's the biggest mistake any search engine marketer can make? Blowing a presentation to decision-makers.
- SEW Experts: Search Engine Year-End Predictions: 2007 Scorecard
Last year, many industry watchers made search predictions for 2007. So how did some search gurus do?
- SEW Experts: PPC.edu: Learn AdWords, Yahoo Search, adCenter Online
SEO can take months or longer to get the results you're looking for. What's the alternative? PPC advertising.
- Hugo Guzman: Ode To Search Optimization
SEOBook guest blogger Hugo Guzman of Zeta Interactive wrote an inspiring ode to our industry today.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- What Drives Local Search Directories?, ClickZ Experts
- Microsoft in Ad Deal with Financial Publisher EDGAR, ClickZ News
- As Big Brands Embrace Digital, Digital's Branding Power Wanes, ClickZ News
- Google Hooks Students with Online Marketing Challenge, ClickZ News
- That's a Spicy Meatball, ClickZ
- When Should You Outsource Your Pay-Per-Click Campaigns?, Search Engine Land
- Sour Grapes and Bad Vibes Fester in the Search Marketing Industry, Cre8pc
- SEO Kaleidoscope: Exploring the various facets of search engine optimization, SEO Book
- Loopt Launches Mobile Location Based Application Platform, TechCrunch
- Twitter, Facebook called on for higher purpose, News.com
The Original Search Marketing Event is Back!
SES Denver (Oct 16) offers an intense day of learning all the critical aspects of search engine optimization (SEO) and paid search advertising (PPC). The mission of SES remains the same as it did from the start - to help you master being found on search engines. Early Bird rates available through Sept 12. Register today!