Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- Is Google Having Severe Growing Pains?
Seems our favorite nine-year old is having severe growing pains lately. And fellow relatives, we are all being impacted by the growth spurts lately.
- Searchable Social Media and Adding to the Global Conversation
Rising Voices, a citizen media outreach initiative of the Global Voices, has just released the first of a series of planned guides, An Introduction to Citizen Media.
- Google.org Reveals Five Focus Areas
Google's philanthropic arm, Google.org, today announced the five core initiatives that it plans to focus on over the next five to ten years.
- Measure Blog Success without Spending a Fortune
20 outstanding blog analytics tools that won't break the bank.
- Selling CEOs on Search Engine Marketing
What's the biggest mistake any search engine marketer can make? Blowing a presentation to decision-makers.
- SEW Experts: Search Engine Year-End Predictions: 2007 Scorecard
Last year, many industry watchers made search predictions for 2007. So how did some search gurus do?
- SEW Experts: PPC.edu: Learn AdWords, Yahoo Search, adCenter Online
SEO can take months or longer to get the results you're looking for. What's the alternative? PPC advertising.
- Hugo Guzman: Ode To Search Optimization
SEOBook guest blogger Hugo Guzman of Zeta Interactive wrote an inspiring ode to our industry today.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- What Drives Local Search Directories?, ClickZ Experts
- Microsoft in Ad Deal with Financial Publisher EDGAR, ClickZ News
- As Big Brands Embrace Digital, Digital's Branding Power Wanes, ClickZ News
- Google Hooks Students with Online Marketing Challenge, ClickZ News
- That's a Spicy Meatball, ClickZ
- When Should You Outsource Your Pay-Per-Click Campaigns?, Search Engine Land
- Sour Grapes and Bad Vibes Fester in the Search Marketing Industry, Cre8pc
- SEO Kaleidoscope: Exploring the various facets of search engine optimization, SEO Book
- Loopt Launches Mobile Location Based Application Platform, TechCrunch
- Twitter, Facebook called on for higher purpose, News.com
This Year's Premier Digital Marketing Event is #CZLSF
ClickZ Live San Francisco (Aug 11-14) will bring together the industry's leading online marketing practitioners to deliver 4 days of educational sessions and training workshops. From Data-Driven Marketing to Social, Mobile, Display, Search and Email, the comprehensive agenda will help you maximize your marketing efforts and ROI. Register today!