Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- Google Generation A Myth: Here's Why
When people are looking for reliable information, they don't trust and use search engines quite as much as you think.
- Yahoo Search Spotlight Awards Live in New York
Yahoo hosts the 3rd Annual Searchlight Award showcase on February 12 in New York City.
- RSS Feed Subscription Bonanza Was Fool's Gold…Bummer!
Phony RSS feed subscription count turn out to be a FeedBlitz problem.
- Microsoft Expands its PPC adCenter Content Network
Launched with little fanfare late last year, Microsoft's adCenter Content Network initially only included Microsoft web properties. Now there are signs they're opening up the network to include some high-quality publishers.
- Kickin' Off the SEM Crossfire with Frank the Tank
Over the course of SEM Crossfire, Frank Watson and Chris Boggs will take hot button issues and provide a cross section of opinions – ideally allowing readers to make more informed decisions.
- SEW Experts: Top 5 Search Engine Marketing Trends 2008
Many of the trends in 2008 will mean more competition – and more opportunity – for search marketing agencies.
- SEW Experts: Online Reviews: Tips, Tricks, and Secrets for Advertisers and Publishers
The importance of reviews and ratings – positive and negative – can't be overstated in local search. In terms of consumer motivation, it's all about informing others or rewarding a business for its excellent product/service.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- Jupiter Report Predicts Continued Growth in Local Online Advertising, ClickZ News
- The Publisher Opportunity in Search and Contextual, Part 2, ClickZ Experts
- Seven Years of Change, Seven Years of Staying the Same, ClickZ Experts
- A "Meatball Sundae" Meet Up, ClickZ Experts
- Scanning Barriers on the Search Results Page, Search Engine Land
- The Theory of Search Engine Optimization, SEO Theory
- Universities Are Failing the Next Generation of Great Internet Marketers, Search Marketing Sage
- Firefox Plugins I Can't Live Without (Updated), cshel
- 20 Analytics Tools For Blogs, Online Marketing Blog
- 17 Ways You Can Use Twitter: A Guide for Beginners, Marketers and Business Owners, Dosh Dosh
The Original Search Marketing Event is Back!
SES Denver (Oct 16) offers an intense day of learning all the critical aspects of search engine optimization (SEO) and paid search advertising (PPC). The mission of SES remains the same as it did from the start - to help you master being found on search engines. Early Bird rates extended through Sept 19. Register today!