Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- Two New Ways Google Teaches You to Market on Google
Google has come out with two new educational tools for advertisers and search marketers.
- SEW Experts: SEO Millionaire: Who Wants to Be One?
What separates the winners from the search engine losers? That's the one question you need to ask SEOs who give you the standard advice you hear again and again.
- SEW Experts: HTML Title Tag Defines Your SEO Strategy
Search engine optimization for small business starts with a title tag.
- Yahoo Layoffs Downsized to Hundreds
Yahoo job cuts won't be as severe as rumored this weekend. Kevin Delaney of The Wall Street Journal reports sources close to Yahoo put the estimated number of layoffs in the hundreds.
- StumbleUpon Death Threats in eBay Social Network
Search marketers can enrage diehard members of social communities who want to keep marketers at bay. The result? Death threats, cyberterrorism, obscene language, cyberharassment, and calls for suicide.
- Say Goodbye To WebSideStory: Omniture Shareholders Approve Visual Sciences Purchase
Last week Omniture shareholders approved the acquisition of Visual Sciences and in essence started the burial process for WebSideStory.
- SEMDirector Rebrands as Covario In Race for Interactive Advertising Platform
Search engine marketing technology firm SEMDirector today rebranded as Covario to reflect the depth and breadth of its performance management technologies.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- Search and Reputation: Your Brand Standing Is Your Shelf Landing, ClickZ Experts
- Web Analytics: Insights From the Front Line, Part 1, ClickZ Experts
- Presidential Hopefuls Display Online Ad Maturity, ClickZ News
- Quattro Unfurls Self-Serve Mobile Ad Product, ClickZ News
- Free eBook from Google: AdWords Textbook, Clix Marketing
- How to Select a Paid Search Management Application, 10e20
- Is Conversion Rate Enough? It's A Good Start, Now Do More!, Occam's Razor
- 10 Things Yahoo! Search Must do to Become Relevant, SEO Book
- Hey Yahoo... Is Anybody Home? Are You There?, SEO-space
- Reader Poll: Is Facebook Losing its Luster?, Online Marketing Blog
- Thoughts on SEO Ethics, Ramblings About SEO
- Latest Interview: Incisive's Kevin Ryan, Ramblings About SEO
- Getting a Search Engine Optimization Education, SEO by the Sea
- Marketers fall Victim to our Own Disease: Spoon Sized Wisdom, Out of My Gord
- Get a promotion by lowering your traffic, Endless Plain
- Marketing During a Recession? Get The Wind at Your Back., Finding the Sweet Spot
- Will Vertical Search Crush the "Do Everything" Search Engine?, Raven SEO Tools
- Why PPC Advertisers Should Prefer Parked Domains, Apogee Weblog
- Continuing the privacy discussion at the European Parliament, Google Public Policy Blog
- Results from Google Fridge Giveaway, Dan Perry
The Original Search Marketing Event is Back!
SES Denver (Oct 16) offers an intense day of learning all the critical aspects of search engine optimization (SEO) and paid search advertising (PPC). The mission of SES remains the same as it did from the start - to help you master being found on search engines. Early Bird rates available through Sept 12. Register today!