Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- Google Takes Gold and Silver in Japan: NTT DoCoMo and KDDI
Google partnerships with the #1 and #2 mobile carriers in Japan forces Yahoo and MSN to compete for the bronze.
- What search engine marketers should know about event marketing
For search to ‘get respect' among senior management and marketers, we must align and integrate with traditional marketing.
- Google AdWords Beta Testing Demographic Bidding
Seems Google is taking advantage of some of the DoubleClick features already.
- SEW Experts: Why Search Is Still Prehistoric
Search is evolving as universal search or blended search results crawl into the SERPs, but it's still primitive.
- SEW Experts: Link Building Case Study for Luxury Hotels
Opportunities for creative link building solutions are plentiful. Just solve a user problem, like a concierge at a luxury hotel.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- Quantcast to Build Products, Staff with $20 Million Funding Round, ClickZ News
- An Open Letter to CFOs, ClickZ Experts
- Face It, Mobile Marketers, You're Not Normal, ClickZ Experts
- Social Media, A Lateral Approach to Marketing, Web Strategy by Jeremiah
- What's in store for mobile advertising?, Going Cellular
- Give Me Some Skin: Ask Gets More Personal, Ask.com Blog
- Google Health Login Page, Google Blogoscoped
- Digg: New Algorithm Changes Digg the Blog
This Year's Premier Digital Marketing Event is #CZLSF
ClickZ Live San Francisco (Aug 11-14) will bring together the industry's leading online marketing practitioners to deliver 4 days of educational sessions and training workshops. From Data-Driven Marketing to Social, Mobile, Display, Search and Email, the comprehensive agenda will help you maximize your marketing efforts and ROI. Register today!