Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- Google Takes Gold and Silver in Japan: NTT DoCoMo and KDDI
Google partnerships with the #1 and #2 mobile carriers in Japan forces Yahoo and MSN to compete for the bronze.
- What search engine marketers should know about event marketing
For search to ‘get respect' among senior management and marketers, we must align and integrate with traditional marketing.
- Google AdWords Beta Testing Demographic Bidding
Seems Google is taking advantage of some of the DoubleClick features already.
- SEW Experts: Why Search Is Still Prehistoric
Search is evolving as universal search or blended search results crawl into the SERPs, but it's still primitive.
- SEW Experts: Link Building Case Study for Luxury Hotels
Opportunities for creative link building solutions are plentiful. Just solve a user problem, like a concierge at a luxury hotel.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- Quantcast to Build Products, Staff with $20 Million Funding Round, ClickZ News
- An Open Letter to CFOs, ClickZ Experts
- Face It, Mobile Marketers, You're Not Normal, ClickZ Experts
- Social Media, A Lateral Approach to Marketing, Web Strategy by Jeremiah
- What's in store for mobile advertising?, Going Cellular
- Give Me Some Skin: Ask Gets More Personal, Ask.com Blog
- Google Health Login Page, Google Blogoscoped
- Digg: New Algorithm Changes Digg the Blog
Introducing... ClickZ Live!
SES Conference & Expo has merged with ClickZ to bring you ClickZ Live! The new global conference series takes on the identity of the industry's premier digital marketing publication, ClickZ.com, and kicks off March 31-April 3 in New York City. Join the industry's leading tech-advertisers in the advertising capital of the world! Find out more ››
*Super Saver Rates expire Jan 24.