Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- Google Position 6 Smack-Down: Filter, Penalty, or Bunk?
A creepy “Position 6” Google SERPs punishment pattern has emerged, where pages which should dominate the organic SERPs somehow place at lowly #6.
- SEW Experts: Mobile Local Search: A Perfect Storm
Last week's Consumer Electronics Show (CES) showcased the first few devices that run Google's much anticipated Android operating system.
- SEW Experts: PPC 101 Writing Successful Creatives
Writing ads for search engine advertising is almost like writing headlines. It requires an ability to distill information into attention-grabbing, character-restricted words.
- SEW Experts: Win the Right Search Marketing Clients - Part 2
For a search marketing agency, especially one just starting out, choosing the right clients can make or break your business.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- Moving Beyond Campaign Efficiency to Campaign Effectiveness, ClickZ Experts
- Free Textbook on Yahoo! Search Marketing, Clix Marketing
- Matt Cutts: Industry Leaders Are Incapable Of Performing Editorial Discretion, Smackdown
- adCenter Account Structure, adCenter blog
- Redirects: Permanent 301 vs. Temporary 302, Stepforth SEOMicrosoft reports 30% growth in revenue, LiveSide
- Avoid Scope Creep Money Pit SEM Jobs, aimClear
- The Blurring of Business Strategy and Search Strategy, Webmama
- Mahalo Traffic Growth Vulnerable To Google Penalty, Natural Search Blog
- Microsoft's ‘Gatineau' Analytics Shows Statistics by Age, Gender, Occupation, and Geographic location, eWhisper
- Duplicate Content - Thinking Inside the 'Big Box' Stores, SEO Speedwagon
- 10 Reasons Why You Should STILL Be Using Facebook, SEO Chicks
- Study: Search Marketing In Prime Spot To Play Major Role in Political Spending, SEMGeek
- SEO Is The High School Cheerleader, The Van Blog
- Why Jason Calacanis For a Third Time at SES?, Search Marketing Gurus
- Five Strategic Steps for the Modern SEO, Ramblings About SEO
- Even More Advice for Startup CEO's, Sugarrae
- Optimizing the Fortune 100 - Enterprise SEO, Marketing Pilgrim
Twitter Canada MD Kirstine Stewart to Keynote Toronto
ClickZ Live Toronto (May 14-16) is a new event addressing the rapidly changing landscape that digital marketers face. The agenda focuses on customer engagement and attaining maximum ROI through online marketing efforts across paid, owned & earned media. Register now and save!