Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- Google Position 6 Smack-Down: Filter, Penalty, or Bunk?
A creepy “Position 6” Google SERPs punishment pattern has emerged, where pages which should dominate the organic SERPs somehow place at lowly #6.
- SEW Experts: Mobile Local Search: A Perfect Storm
Last week's Consumer Electronics Show (CES) showcased the first few devices that run Google's much anticipated Android operating system.
- SEW Experts: PPC 101 Writing Successful Creatives
Writing ads for search engine advertising is almost like writing headlines. It requires an ability to distill information into attention-grabbing, character-restricted words.
- SEW Experts: Win the Right Search Marketing Clients - Part 2
For a search marketing agency, especially one just starting out, choosing the right clients can make or break your business.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- Moving Beyond Campaign Efficiency to Campaign Effectiveness, ClickZ Experts
- Free Textbook on Yahoo! Search Marketing, Clix Marketing
- Matt Cutts: Industry Leaders Are Incapable Of Performing Editorial Discretion, Smackdown
- adCenter Account Structure, adCenter blog
- Redirects: Permanent 301 vs. Temporary 302, Stepforth SEOMicrosoft reports 30% growth in revenue, LiveSide
- Avoid Scope Creep Money Pit SEM Jobs, aimClear
- The Blurring of Business Strategy and Search Strategy, Webmama
- Mahalo Traffic Growth Vulnerable To Google Penalty, Natural Search Blog
- Microsoft's ‘Gatineau' Analytics Shows Statistics by Age, Gender, Occupation, and Geographic location, eWhisper
- Duplicate Content - Thinking Inside the 'Big Box' Stores, SEO Speedwagon
- 10 Reasons Why You Should STILL Be Using Facebook, SEO Chicks
- Study: Search Marketing In Prime Spot To Play Major Role in Political Spending, SEMGeek
- SEO Is The High School Cheerleader, The Van Blog
- Why Jason Calacanis For a Third Time at SES?, Search Marketing Gurus
- Five Strategic Steps for the Modern SEO, Ramblings About SEO
- Even More Advice for Startup CEO's, Sugarrae
- Optimizing the Fortune 100 - Enterprise SEO, Marketing Pilgrim
Optimising Digital Marketing Campaigns with Search, Social and Analytics
At SES London (9-11 Feb) you'll get an overview of the latest tools, tips, and tactics in Paid, Owned, Earned, Integrated Media and Business Intelligence to streamline your marketing campaigns in 2015. Register by 31 October to take advantage of Early Bird Rates.